VisionAir

What are you supposed to be doing right now instead of reading this?

"Writing documentation "

Data processing rules: 1- If it doesn't work, it is absolutely essential. 2-If it does work, it will have to be changed. 3-If it is absolutely useless and unused, it will have to have a complete and accurate set of documentation. :D

i'm with you. i'm documenting firewalls that will be rebuilt in a month that support a bunch of systems that will be replaced in the new year. gawd i love the civil service! :P
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

"i'm with you. i'm documenting firewalls that will be rebuilt in a month that support a bunch of systems that will be replaced in the new year. gawd i love the civil service! "
You need to get over this "It should make sense" concept. I was tormented by this for years. I was working overtime to create systems to specs that I knew would not work and would have to be re-written on overtime. I became a contractor. I give my professional opinion. They do as they wish. I get paid for doing it their way and then again to correct it. I love it. My old title was Senior Systems Engineer, now it's Mercenary Coding Scum. "No need to count it, just a bale of twenties, please!" :ph34r:

I should be looking up about 200 security prices online so that when our statements go out all our clients don't think their portfolios are worth nothing (even though they probably are anyway, damn economy).

I'd rather be doing just about anything else.

Bill

You come from nothing. You go back to nothing. What have you lost? Nothing!