RobertE

Revenge

I think this is true, but not for any "Karma" reason. People who have taken advantage of you, probably have a history of it. They are slowly driving the good people out of their life. Eventually, they are stuck with people like them.

Which is exactly what Karma is.

I believe in Karma. That said, I don't view it as some magical, mystical force. Rather, it's simple cause & effect.

You are a beneficiary or victim of the environment you create. Your actions shape your environment. It determines how others perceive and behave toward you. It determines who your friends and enemies (for lack of a better word) will be.

Put out good Karma... kindness, generosity, forgiveness... and you'll create a positive environment around yourself. Put out negative Karma... selfishness, dishonesty, cruelty, lack of compassion... and you'll find yourself in a negative environment.

The environment you create will either be a blessing or a source of your destruction.

That said, and this is something that has taken me a long time to learn, is that standing up for yourself is not necessarily equivalent to putting out negative Karma. Drawing boundaries and saying "I won't put up with this" is not the same thing as being mean or rude.

So if this jerk poisoned your dog and you can prove it, I'd call the cops or take him to small claims court. That's just standing up for yourself & your rights.

Now breaking his legs or destroying his property moves into the realm of revenge. Now we are talking negative Karma. Don't let yourself get sucked into, and become a victim of, his negative world as well.

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

Yeah, but it can't hurt to nudge Karma along, can it? - Not a grand ol' heave-ho or anything like that, just a slight nudge.

Like if someone from your past happens to show up at your office one day. She doesn't remember you and you accidentally lose some important documents she needs. Losing them doesn't effect your company any, but it sure makes things difficult for her.....

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I gave into a rather revenge one time, it was really harmless now that I think about it but I learned one thing from that whole experience.

After I took my revenge I came the person who had acted upon me and I told them that I didn't like what they did and just threw a flurry of anti-self esteem his way. By the end of the conversation he had told me that it wasn't me he was acting out on he just wanted to get some attention and really some help.

To sum it up I guess what I'm saying is that if you take action against everything that comes to hurt you, eventually it will turn it's ugly head at YOU when you look back on what you have done and YOU will be the one left hurting.

"Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools." Napoleon Bonaparte

I'm a firm beleiver in "What goes around comes around".... Thus, there is no shame in wanting to speed up the process and deliver it ;)

I'm not into any of that "eye for an eye" BS but if someone poisoned my dog... Woa, Poisonned?... Are you serious? If someone poisoned my dog, I would most definately be the bearer of bad karma!

"My Karma will run over your Dogma!"

Lets face it, don't sweat the petty stuff...

I don't really try to take revenge, but if an opportunity arises for me to get even or to help karma along (dang, they need a "evil grin" face here), well when opportunity knocks, open the door grab it by the neck and pull it in and slam the door...

In the meantime, I follow what Paul and John says...

Love, love, love
Love, love, love
Love, love, love

There's nothing you can do that can't be done
Nothing you can sing that can't be sung
Nothing you can say but you can learn how to play the game
It's easy

There's nothing you can make that can't me made
No one you can save that can't be saved
Nothing you can do but you can learn how to be you in time
It's easy

All you need is love