hawkbit

Type T personalities

I just disagree that watching scary movies has anything remotely to do with risking your life or facing innate fears such as the fear of falling. They just dont compare. I have met people that love to watch scary movies but would never consider skydiving or anything that would put them at risk of dying.

No doubt. My friends took me whitewater rafting, and I don't think I'll ever do that again. Didn't make sense to them, and I don't think I can explain it. But I felt scared and didn't like it the whole time I was doing it, and couldn't wait for it to be over. Kept on thinking about falling out (I'm an excellent swimmer), but kept thinking about getting my kidneys ripped open on a sharp rock when I fell out. Jumping out of a plane is perfectly safe, though, I can't remember the last time I was scared getting out of a plane...

------------------------------------------
Getting banned isn't that bad......

I just disagree that watching scary movies has anything remotely to do with risking your life or facing innate fears such as the fear of falling. They just dont compare.

I agree. Here's something i found kinda funny.... I rented the movie "Ripper: letters from Hell" last week. I was watching the bonus material on the DVD and one of the segments was a cast member explaining why people like scary movies. He somehow found a way to compare it to skydiving and even mentioned that he made a jump once.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!