raines883

Cool logbooks

Hey guys I was looking to get a log book for when I can finally solo jump in the coming weeks. So what I was looking for was something with a cool design. Was thinking about seeing if someone on Etsy can make me a custom one or if you guys/gals had any ideas. I must don't want an ordinary one haha. Thanks in advance.

Gosh, what a lousy way to welcome a new skydiver. Great responses, everyone!

Not everyone is an old bold skydiver like you, John.

You guys think I'm kidding! :o

If you order the 5x7 format with the 3 column option...

That's over 700 jumps per book...two lines of personal whatever on the front and you're at 20.00 a piece for a nicely bound, acid-free paper - logbook!

Who gives a red rubber rats rectum if it says Bowling Logbook... That's actually pretty funny if ya ask ME!

B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Don't pay any attention to the good-ole-boy club here, they're just a bunch of old farts that think they own the place, and have a right to treat everyone rudely. Fortunately, most actual skydivers are quite friendly.

How about using a regular log book, but have a custom leather cover made for it, with your name, or "skydive" stamped into the leather?

Use these guys:

http://skydivelogbooks.blogspot.co.uk/

I bought mine through them and the book will basically be as cool as you make it.

I designed my own front cover and every single internal page to how I wanted it. So for me, it is perfect.

I have 2 pages of kit information, 3 pages of specific DZ info for me to write my own notes on and one other page of something else that escapes me just now. Every page after that is the actual jump log section.

I designed it so that it just had the info I wanted.

For me, huge jump write ups weren't important, so I made it so I could fit as many jumps as neatly possible on one page.

For you, being new to the sport, long jump write ups are quite important for feedback, so you'd probably want to take a different design - they have templates for 1 jump per page, or 2, or 4 or 5...

They are also skydivers, so you will be supporting the skydiver industry by using them

SO basically, either get it all designed by you, they print, or use their templates etc. up to you.

Edit: didn't realise the .co.au link took you to the same place as my .co.uk link. Either way, that's 2 votes for the same people. Good idea then, no?
Sky Switches - Affordable stills camera tongue switches and conversion adaptors, supporting various brands of camera (Canon, Sony, Nikon, Panasonic).

Would argue that you cannot buy a COOL logbook. A cool logbook has "No shit! There I was..." stories, ugly handwriting from writing while your hands are shaking from adrenalin, notations of special aircraft, names & signatures of buddies no longer with us, notations of interesting places you have jumped (including DZs now closed), perhaps signatures of famous jumpers you have jumped with, and sweat stains from logging in July.

THAT is a cool logbook!
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

Would argue that you cannot buy a COOL logbook. A cool logbook has "No shit! There I was..." stories, ugly handwriting from writing while your hands are shaking from adrenalin, notations of special aircraft, names & signatures of buddies no longer with us, notations of interesting places you have jumped (including DZs now closed), perhaps signatures of famous jumpers you have jumped with, and sweat stains from logging in July.

THAT is a cool logbook!

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=2946665;page=1;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Who gives a red rubber rats rectum if it says Bowling Logbook... That's actually pretty funny if ya ask ME!

B|

Hey that's a great sig line right there! :D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban