meatmissile

The Non-Americans.

Har! I see all the non-Americans are online at this time. That would be the South Africans, the English, The Finns, Germans and other assorted Europeans. This is a pattern I noted on dropzone.com. The quiet, reserved types are online at this time of the day.
Why then is everyone so quiet? We've only got about five hours or so before the flood starts! :ph34r:

--
ZZZzzzz....

>Har! I see all the non-Americans are online at this time.

But of course! This is the time when the europeans and the africans are at work, and as such are free to waste their employers time by chatting away at DZcom!

>This is a pattern I noted on dropzone.com. The quiet, reserved types
>are online at this time of the day.

Yes... Part of it is probably because a lot of the loud americans actually know each other IRL.

>Why then is everyone so quiet? We've only got about five hours or
>so before the infernal Yankee-flood starts!

Oh, the first ones are probably online already, it's nearly 7:00 on the east coast.

Kerry, sunny south africa and just marvellous thanks:)Actually, I think I am still suffering from sleep deprivation (you know when you hit that "too tired to sleep getting hysterical" stage?) but don't tell anyone ...
I am quite sure my head is going to hit the keyboard in an hour or two...

Kerry

Heya jumpy - don't believe I've chatted to you before .... welcome to our daily time waster:D

I beg to differ...this is not wasting time....it is serious research into the social aspects of skydiving...I'm sure some boffin somewhere is doing a major thesis on it as we speak!!

I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter

Melbourne...Isn't that where you get ALL the weather? Like, in one day...:S

We can have LOTS of weather here. If you like boring, consistant weather then Melbourne is certainly not the place. If variety is your preference then this is THE place to be. Some people say that we can have four seasons in a day but that's just crap. We've had up to EIGHT in a morning.
According to the meteorologists the configuration of the bays (Port Philip and Westernport) and the mountain ranges (such as they are in this country) causes all sorts of forecasting difficulties. Especially in spring, which is what it is now...:)
The southern end of the country could do with LOTS and LOTS of rain right now. The Victorian wheatbelt area has had less than a third of the average for the last 6 years. Melbourne water storage is down to 54% capacity and MANY rural storages a completely dry. The place is as dry as an old chip and the predictions are that the bushfire season is gonna be a total bastard......

Ooroo
Mark F...

>yeah, the same way I often get asked if I know joe bloggs in Nairobi

You don't? But everyone knows Joe!:S

I know Joe Soap...I think it's his mother's brother's cousin's aunt's sister in law from her 3 rd marriage

I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter

According to the meteorologists the configuration of the bays (Port Philip and Westernport) and the mountain ranges (such as they are in this country) causes all sorts of forecasting difficulties

See! you learn all kinds of interesting stuff on here .... Hey Mark! Hope you get rain soon, but during the week so it doesn't interfere with your jumping:)

Kerry