quade

Harry Potter is the work of . . .

To Taylor, ''Chamber of Secrets'' is nothing more than an instructional manual for the dark arts that can ensnare children in a destructive obsession with the occult. Satan is the inspiration for the Potter series, Taylor says, and this particular preacher is ready to do battle.

Things like that makes me soooo mad, had to stop reading the article before I would destroy the computer for showing me that.

Same thing was said with the first dissection and thanks to that man we know a lot of anatomy but how did he got paid? hanged cause heretic.

In the old days play a guitar like they do on theyr cults and that guitarrist would of died burned at the stakes cause with that chant he was calling at the devil, thanks to a couple of sane human beings we have the good music we have now.

Tiny toons was called the cartoon of the devil. Mickey Mouse was the devil too.

Thanks to crazy people like that "preacher" we have fanatics killing or doing crazy things to those who mention the word witch and a lot of others that give me the "poor troubled mind kid" look because I like to wear black and listen to rock.

HISPA 21
www.panamafreefall.com

You gotta hear this.
The same guy that told me that his wife was read through the series of H. Potter books and how great they are, was standing next to me after Church :)talking about how "trick-or-treating" for kids is nice but, buying them H.Potter books and letting in schools was bad.:o
p.s. The same guy that called me up at 9:30 at night to tell me that he pre-paid for the DVD before it's release:P

By the way:|, All those "Bewitched" episodes, even with 2 different "Darrens" had possessed many men into actually marrying women that most others would in fact consider to be a"WITCH":P
(or at least something that rhymed with witch)

Argh! That pisses me off.

As far as I'm concerned, if your kids can't tell the difference between what's right and wrong, or between what's real and make-believe, then you need to take a serious look at your parenting skills.

Shelter them till they're 18! Yeah! That's a good way to raise your kids, because god forbid they have to deal with bad things in their lives.

What's going to happen to those kids when they get out into the real world?
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

LOL, some people have nothing better to do than cook up reasons why we can't enjoy something. There are a large group of people that won't even celebrate Halloween. They call it Fall Festival and you can't dress in scary costumes. I could understand it if you start sacrificing babies, but going door to door for candy doesn't seem too devilish to me.

Anyway, not everyone that goes to church believes this crap. I personally think the devil is a senator from New York.;)

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do." Ben Franklin

Argh! That pisses me off.

As far as I'm concerned, if your kids can't tell the difference between what's right and wrong, or between what's real and make-believe, then you need to take a serious look at your parenting skills.

Shelter them till they're 18! Yeah! That's a good way to raise your kids, because god forbid they have to deal with bad things in their lives.

What's going to happen to those kids when they get out into the real world?

;)That's right on the money, Andi!
I live in "Amish Country"/Lancaster, PA
The Amish get to 18 and have a time period to do as the "English"=the real world. They party, smoke, drinbk, "boink like crazy" Drive 400hp pick-ups(all amish farmers & carpenters are mulit-millionaire=fact)
I got my 1st TATTOO after a Mennonite girl showed me her's are buged me on picking one out for a year. I'm not kidding
Yes sheltering rather than show & explain(the absolute obligation of an adult to their child=nurture) is a set up to to let downs.

Saying the resemblance goes far deeper than the cover, lawyers for Potter author J K Rowling, her Russian publisher and Warner Brothers have threatened to sue Eksmo, the publisher of Tanya Grotter and the Magical Double Bass , unless it withdraws the book and promises not to print any more.

This is what gets me. Now, I have not read the Tanya Grotter books, but unless the story lines are exact parallels to the Harry Potter ones (with nothing but the trimmings changed - a wizard's gem instead of a sorcerer's stone, for example), a charge of plagiarism is utterly ridiculous. What that charge suggests is that J.K. Rowling was the first person ever to write a story about witches and wizards and boarding schools and therefore has exclusive rights to any such story line. That's nonsense. There is not a single work of art that has ever been produced that was not influenced in some way by the artwork that came before it. What would happen if some rock and roll band threatened to sue another group because the second group also uses electric guitars and writes songs with boy-meets-girl storylines? A Letterman Top-Ten list, that's what.
A One that Isn't Cold is Scarcely a One at All

Ya know, this may just be circumstantial, but I seem to remember quite a few Stephen King novels being set in Lewiston Maine (where the article is from). I might be wrong but I also think that is the town he lives in.
Ya think maybe the hometown folks are a tad bit jealous?

a quick search for "Stephen King MAINE" found THIS as the top hit
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1