KawiZX900

IKEA

was looking thru IKEA's home decor and there were 100's of framed pictures of the Monkey Claw freefly team doin their thing......

small world

Accelerate hard to get them looking, then slam on the fronts and rollright beside the car, hanging the back wheel at eye level for a few seconds. Guaranteed reaction- Dave Sonsky

I have one question about IKEA. Why the heck would they build an IKEA at the foot of the grapevine?

For all you non Cali people, the grapevine is at the foot of the mountain range that seperates Los Angeles from the central valley (farm land) It's also the last place to get gas for about 40 miles.In other words, there AIN'T too much around there...
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

I'm guessing it's another way that Ikea keeps costs down. These days Ikea is sought after enough that people are willing to drive quite a distance to get there, putting it out in the middle of nowhere lets Ikea keep costs down and pass those savings directly to the customers.

Just a guess though, who knows, maybe the manager just liked that area. :P

-
Jim

"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

The place where I work at is kind of like that. New Brunfels is a little german town not far from San Marcos, close to San Antonio. There is a three story office complex in the middle of a cow-patty pasture. We're located there only because it's next to the CEO's house.

Everyone else who works there has to commute from San Antonio or Austin. [:/]

Lummy, I pass that place every time I go to Taft (where my DZ is). I thought the same thing, until I realized that it is a warehouse and not an actual store. My guess is that it is out there for the same reason that our dropzone is out there...because land is hella cheap. Seeing the IKEA warehouse means that either a. I'm almost at the dropzone (yay!) or b. we're heading back and it's time to stop for tacos (yay!).