truzzo

Javelin risers (rears half an inch shorter than front)

It seams odd to me, that my Javelin rear risers are half an inch shorter than front.
I have a pair of Javelin risers that came along with my brand new rig, and they are even.
After getting a new canopy some years ago i asked my dealer to get new risers, pilote chute, bag ect,,, to fast swapping canopy if i needed to.
And now after more 700 jumps later and many different canopy i noticed that front risers are longer than rears .... i had strange opening with only a 120 katana so far.

my vc-96 opens good sub terminal so far.

It is normal , i mean to have uneven risers???????
they can lead to strange behavior for the canopy opening ??

Any thought would be appreciated.

It seams odd to me, that my Javelin rear risers are half an inch shorter than front.
I have a pair of Javelin risers that came along with my brand new rig, and they are even.
After getting a new canopy some years ago i asked my dealer to get new risers, pilote chute, bag ect,,, to fast swapping canopy if i needed to.
And now after more 700 jumps later and many different canopy i noticed that front risers are longer than rears .... i had strange opening with only a 120 katana so far.

my vc-96 opens good sub terminal so far.

It is normal , i mean to have uneven risers???????
they can lead to strange behavior for the canopy opening ??

Any thought would be appreciated.

I've seen this before, but I believe they were Wings risers. Best I could tell they were made that way. The user was complaining of the canopy not flying completely straight. Possibly opening harshly.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Hook them to some thing where you can really lean back and put some load on them. How far off are they under load? There tends to be more stitching on the rear riser and you may be seeing shrinkage. The tension may have been turned up high on that machine when it was sewen. Or they might just be off.

Lee
Lee
[email protected]
www.velocitysportswear.com

Agreed.
It is normal for rear risers to shrink 1/8 to 1/4 inch more than front risers. Shrinkage varies depending upon the sequence they are sewn.
For example, if both riser ends are sewn before the bottom, relative shrinkage will be zero.
OTOH if the 3-Ring portion (at the bottom) is sewn first, it is easy to get 1/4 difference in shrinkage.

Hook them to some thing where you can really lean back and put some load on them. How far off are they under load? There tends to be more stitching on the rear riser and you may be seeing shrinkage. The tension may have been turned up high on that machine when it was sewen. Or they might just be off.

Lee

It was about a half inch under load. Only on one side rear riser. The other was fine.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

they do it for a reason, its math and science. dont worry about it

I'm sure you're well informed as to why the risers would be different lengths.

they do it for a reason, its math and science. dont worry about it

I'm sure you're well informed as to why the risers would be different lengths.

For those who have one leg longer than the other.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239