cgross

old question

4.something...I save my files to the pixels I want, i.e. 400 x 600, etc...when you go to edit your profile it will tell you how large the file size can be...I think it is 65 x 75 or something like that...you can also use fireworks, etc. I just like Adobe photoshop.

you can tell it what size? what version r u using?

PS 7 has a feature called save for the web in the file tool bar that allows you to save files to desired pixel size. Older versions will require you to tinker with the count during the ave or flattening process. Personally, I think it's a pain in the ass with the older versions.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Hey! I just recently installed GIMP. Do you know of any good sites with script-fu tutorials?

Just this one, although I generally just look at others for inspiration. Get to know the DB browser, also. It took me awhile to get the hang of it, but there is a ton there.
Freedom -- Expression -- Spirit

The problem with server side scripting image size reduction is that it's an art, not a script.

Even medium quality resizing requires a delicate touch on the cropping, sharpening, and density range. If somebody's 10meg snapshot got algorithmically squished into 75x75, it's going to look like a smudge.

On the other hand, some people might be grateful for the smudge.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

I use Adobe PhotoDeluxe ('cause it was free)...

I simply save images "Save As" JPEG and adjust the "quality", which often reduces file size. There are crop tools too which help accomplish the same thing. ;)

So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!