NtheSeaOrSky

What makes you better

> balls to tell me breaking my ankle was my price to pay for jumping at another dz.

Insert jumping a sub 100 canopy, insert jumping in those high winds, jumping old gutter gear, or even jumping at X DZ. Skydivers all seem to be extremely judgement and enjoy the opprotunity to take a stab at others when the chance is there. One of my friends hooked in and needed an ambulance to get off the DZ. The Ambulence had'nt even got off the DZ yet and I heard "Thats the price you pay for flying a small canopy" and other remarks. Just look in the fourms to see how many times people are laughed at for flying too small of canopies and then injuring themself. Hell... there are even femer bets going on with a lot of people behind the scenes on when certian people will femer in. I've got 10 jump tickets on the line so far ;)

Everyone likes to think they are injuryproof... I know I'm not after learning the hard way.

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Hmmm. Tis harsh, but hey, they're probably jealous that you have better stories to tell your grankids about your skydiving history.
There's always something good out of a situation that you can find, regardless how tragic it is...

Don't bother me, I'm living happily ever after

I definately dont think I am injury proof...far from it....maybe even to the other extreme injury prone.

I dont think I deserved t be injured because I made a jump at another DZ.

I stood just as much a risk of the same injury at their dz if not more (youve seen the landing area).
Life is not fair and there are no guarantees...

Hell... there are even femer bets going on with a lot of people behind the scenes on when certian people will femer in.

How long did everyone give me? And is there still a bet going on, what with me taking the canopy class, or did that just make the odds better? ;)

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Goes very well with independent people -- skydivers usually fit. ;)

The one I referenced goes well with people that have to deal with situations very much like the one you've found yourself in. Read it. Get mellow and leave what was troubling you behind you. It's in the past and you can't change that.

quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Hell... there are even femer bets going on with a lot of people behind the scenes on when certian people will femer in.
==============

Many bets were placed against me at around 445 jumps. 4000 jumps later, I still have all the original parts. Stay safe out there. (radical as you want, but safe)

In reply to the Original Message. Bets were made, People(mostly the DZO's) mocked us (us being my freefly partners) for freeflying, said we'd never go any where or break ourselves if we went to a different DZ. They also had no lives and made up rumors about any thing for the fun of it. So we left. Got good a freeflying and Swooping and what not. After a couple years we visited the Ole DZ and they welcomed us and asked us to coach them. Now they thought we were cool. Strange how *ignorance by choice* holds perfectly good people back.

I'm glad you came out ok on this.

Heal well.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

I don't know the details of what happened. Therefore, I can not comment on the situation itself.

But as far as your comments go, I agree!;)

Different people can be better/worse that others in a million ways. One person might be a better swooper or freeflyer or whatever but be worse at people skills, being humble, etc, or just the opposite; someone could be worse at skydiving but think they're the shit and are better at talking shit.

However, despite any of the above, you can never assume thing about people by one comment, action, ect. b/c so many words and actions can be perceived in so many different ways and have so many different intended meanings.

Obviously, the meaning of whatever happened to you was OBVIOUS and I understand your frustration, and again, agree with your comments whole heartedly.

In other instances, however, I think it's important not to assume things about people. I met a guy at my DZ who everyone had told me was full of himself, etc....but when I met him, I felt he was very honest, blunt and a good person. And other times, when everyone said, "Oh, so and so is really cool," I met them and thought they were an asshole.

It sucks there are mean people in this world, but that is never going to change, so I try not to worry about the assholes, and pay my attention to those who good hearts
;):P

Maybe it's a bad thing or as I take it, a good thing, but one thing I've learned is to not have high expectations of ANYONE. That way, you're less likely to be dissapointed.

There are only two people in my life and maybe a little bit of a couple others that I expect anything of, the rest, I'm always pleasantly surprised, or not surprised at all, but rarely dissapointed, b/c I didn't expect anything to begin with.
;)

Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.