AC-130U Gunship Video in the Wild!

Click here
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

That's a good video. Much better than the ones I had of F-16's and A-10's in Bosnia. Not exactly a PR boom for the Pentagon though. :D

Depends on your point of view.

"Did it strike you, as it struck Nate and me, that they were swatting flies with a Howitzer? They were lobbing what I assume are about $10,000 bombs at cars and single people."

Nice summing of it up. Why not send in something like an A10 and let that tear some hell up for a whole lot less money. If we are going to be "At war" lets at least make it a financially viable war.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

that was a good sum up but it was the last part that had me cracking up

"Let's get some angry suburban kids who have been listening to Marilyn Manson and playing Grand Theft Auto 3 all weekend, give them some methamphetamines and drop them in Peshawar armed with some 9mms and pipe bombs.

"I mean, we can turn this gun violence 'epidemic' into an asset if we just think outside the box."

I'm not afriad of dying, I'm afraid of never really living- Erin Engle

Why not send in something like an A10 and let that tear some hell up for a whole lot less money. If we are going to be "At war" lets at least make it a financially viable war.

Not nearly as controlled or effective. What you saw that AC-130 doing is EXACTLY what it was designed to do. A-10's don't have near that kind of sensors or discriminating firepower. Sure...they can put 100 rounds of 30MM API in a 12 inch circle.....but...they have to be able to see that circle. Pretty easy to hit a tank...even in the dark if it's marked properly. A person is a bit harder. The A-10 would most likely have caused a lot more collateral damage and been generally FAR less effective. Oh...and 105MM Arty rounds don't cost $10,000. I'd say closer to a couple hundred. The 40MM...even less. The A-10 would be better if you just wanted to LEVEL everything in that grid square.

It's a 5 meg file - I'm saving it now and I'll upload it to my web site for people to download.

Excellent.

Here is a really sick and twisted thought: "What if warfare were reduced to the question of who could deliver damage in the most economical fashion?"
Fedex and UPS would be all over that contract like flies on s***t!
Can you imagine Sadam Husein and President Bush having to personally sign for all their packages?
Can you imagine FEDEX drivers asking for a two minute lead before people opentheir packages?
Can you imagine UPS drivers demanding better running shoes as part of their union contract?

Can you imagine FEDEX drivers asking for a two minute lead before people opentheir packages?

Excuse me Ma'am, but are you aware of our companies new policy? No? Well in short, we request that you wait until I have left your block before you open your package. Sure, I can leave right now, thanks for shipping with FEDEX, and Happy Holidays:D:D

I'm not afriad of dying, I'm afraid of never really living- Erin Engle

Regarding the videos, I have the video of agm-65 hitting a antiaircraft missle site, where you can see a man that is running away.
It is 820kb, to large to attach, but if someone like I coud send him by mail so he can put it somewhere so everybody could se it?