CanuckInUSA

Also back from Eloy

Well I arrived safely home after one hell of a long drive today from Eloy (I stopped numerous times to take cat naps as several times I felt like I would fall asleep at the wheel). But I had such awesome experiences and met so many cool people (both DZ.COMers and non-DZ.COMers) that the long drives were worth it.

Thanks to Mouth and LouDiamond (my hotel roommates) for putting up with me and my late nights. Thanks to Betsy for all of her hard work. Thanks to Pablito for the awesome landing advice he gave me (not to mention the couple of fun jumps I did with him). Thanks to Kristan for jumping with me a lot and videoing the results. Thanks to Sunshine for giving me my first kiss-pass (I wish I was there for your 500th). Thanks to AggieDave and Sudsy for being ... well ... AggieDave and Sudsy (you guys rock) and thanks to all the other cool DZ.COMers who were there. This boogie was such an awesome experience for us all.

Maybe sometime tomorrow I will review my logbook and summarize all of the cool stuff I got to do with the 42 jumps I made while at Eloy.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

42 jumps at eloy! Nice, congrats on your 100th. I'm still floating around the ocean in the mid east here, no jumping for me.[:/] But soon enough I'll be home again, hope to finish my A lic. as soon as poss when i get back so i can jump when i travel. take it easy congrats on the 100th again.

"Ignorance may be bliss, however ignorance will not last forever.......and the truth after is twofold"

Dude, it was great meeting you and getting to jump with you, definately had a blast! I just drove 17 hours straight and I can't sleep because I started reading people's Eloy posts...bwwwaahahahaha
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

It was great meeting everyone. Posting will be way different with real names, faces and personalities to go with the monikers.

It seemed that just about everyone I met was named either Steve or Dave.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Well I've had a few more hours to reflect upon my Eloy experiences this year and here's kind of a break down:

- I was there for eight days of jumping and I stayed up late partying virtually every night (and it's catching up to me now). I have a cold and I'm tired, but I have these incredible memories from the 2002 Eloy Christmas boogie.

Anyway ...

- 42 jumps in total.

- 23 Otter jumps, 9 Skyvan jumps, 6 King Air jumps, 3 Porters and one jump from the DC-3. The only aircraft I failed to jump out of was the hotair balloon (to early for me).

- Of the 42 jumps, six were done trying to set the DZ.COM formation record (not my specialty), one hoop jump with some DZ.COMers, one was a fun cross-country jump from the DC-3 and I did one more hybrid jump with LouDiamond and Mouth. All the other jumps were freefly jumps with DZ.COMers (like Pablito, AggieDave, Sudysfist, Sunshine, Konradptr and Kristan just to name a few) as well as numerous freefly jumps done with non-DZ.COMers.

- Sunshine gave me a kiss pass on one of our jumps and I was there lurking a Sangiro jump when Sunshine kiss him as well.

Besides having fun, getting a lot of jumps in and drinking way too much beer. The biggest things I'm taking away from Eloy was the awesome landing advice Pablito gave me (not that my landings were bad before, they're just so much better now) and the awesome cross-wind landing experience I gained while landing on Eloy's main landing area.

I know there's more, but that's all my tired brain can think of right now.

How about that 100th jump kiss from Holly!!!! You forget so quick!B|

Yes I stand corrected. The funny thing about that was that when she kissed my just prior to jumping, neither one of us knew each other when DZ.COMers. But Holly was great. :)
I also forgot to mention the awesome high altitude jump I did where I zen'ed out head down for close to 60 seconds just watching the world go by at close to 200 mph. :$

Talk to Pablo, that's why he's at work right now and I'm sitting on my fat ass reading the internet, he had to be at work today and I was his ride...

Just save some nig-noggery for when you come visit me in Aggieland...:P

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Sunshine! Get off the computer and go jump. Now!!! We need more jump stories.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

You missed my antics on the beacon last night too!!

[singsong]I rode the beacon, I rode the beacon!!![/singsong] I earned my "Skychicks Gone Wild" t-shirt, dammit! ;) I've never flashed as many people as I have in the last couple days... okay, that's totally not true. :D

Sunny- Remember you're Beacon Pig #1!!! :D

-Miranda
you shall above all things be glad and young / For if you're young,whatever life you wear
it will become you;and if you are glad / whatever's living will yourself become.

Sunny- Remember you're Beacon Pig #1!!!

Hehe, as if i could ever forget!! Oh the things i've done while here in Eloy...

And Kenny is no longer there to protect you. By the way, when are you leaving? I'm jealous ... I wish I was still there (even though my cold has taken over my body).