AntiPinkChrissy

speeding ticket

Texans like to make their own on/off ramps. I laughed myself silly on the road into Dallas from DFW/Irving, seeing double off ramps (one paved, the other "homemade"...trucks going up the shoulder off the break-down lane! ).

You may laugh but I have actually done this more then once to get around some really bad traffic. Whats even funnier is seeing some yuppy in his wanna-be SUV damn near get stuck because his "car" is worthless except for driving the kids to soccer.B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I may be wrong. But I'm not. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO CONFRONT YOUR ACCUSER. If the cop is a no show none of his buddies can testify for him. Ask for a dismissal. You may only get a continuance but it is worth a shot.;)

--TB
Welcome my friends to the show that never ends.

I am not some type of reckless speedster (killer) who thinks that the law does not apply to me and I don't appreciate that accusation.

I'm with Flyangel2 on this one ... from what you've posted, you were going more than 20 mph over the speed limit... what part of that isn't speeding?

Speed kills.

Speed alone does not kill. Nor does "rapid deceleration" alone kill. Both are minor ingredients in the recipe for death, and all they do is spice it up.

The instigating factor in auto accidents is decidedly NOT speed, but a "lack of ability" on the driver's part to appropriately operate his/her vehicle. No matter what speed you're travelling, if you can't drive, you will hurt or kill someone. It's just a matter of time.

"Mix ignorance with arrogance at low altitude and the results are almost guaranteed to be spectacular".
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

LMAO! Great story!
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

All things considered, I'm a fan of letting mother nature do her work.

Please see a post by me called "Almost got killed" (link below). Can't help but imagine my mother and father killed by a teenager street-racing, and everyone saying "that idiot had it coming" but me asking "what about my parents?" I'm all for the idiots killing themselves, as long as they don't take me with them. That's the problem here, that some of those collisions are with other cars.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=333076;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

hhhmmm 90 in a 70 and got let go near Elsinore "went speedin right on past the drop zone" got nabbed on the way back to it. cop asked me if I knew how fast i was goin? I said 90-95, he said keep it down and walked away, did'nt even finish walkin up to the car. I was like "no shit"???!!!!

Accelerate hard to get them looking, then slam on the fronts and rollright beside the car, hanging the back wheel at eye level for a few seconds. Guaranteed reaction- Dave Sonsky

Not sure in your state, in Texas, get a lawyer! Here you can get a firm to take your ticket for less than $50. They haggle back and forth with the city, with which they have much better ties with than you, and then return a settlement to you. Often times, this gets the ticket dropped. The first time I did this, I had to, because it was too high to take defensive driving of probation to keep it off my record (91 in a 60). Since then I will probalby do it every time, unless it is a minor ticket and I am within the time limits for defensive driving. For $50 it is worth it to spend their time and not yours, plus at the least you get 3-6 months for them to respond before you have to pay.

I am not gonna get into the debate about the roads, because it is a complicated issue, and I dont our discussion makes any difference to city planners. But I will say that I drive 42 miles one-way to work every day (ft. worth to dallas) and at some points, they drive sucks! But in the morning I usually break 100mph on on stretch. Until I get a job in Ft. Worth when/if the IT market recovers. That is the price I pay to make money and still live where I want (an closer to the dz).
--
All the flaming and trolls of wreck dot with a pretty GUI.

I'm sorry but she is right. You admitted to speeding and unless there is a medical emergency - in which case the cop would have let you go, there is no good excuse.

I get tickets occasionally for excessive speeding. but the cop and state troopers are just doing their jobs. Its not like a big mystery that you are not suppose to speed and what the consequences are.

good luck fighting it.

Judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

I'm with Flyangel2 on this one ... from what you've posted, you were going more than 20 mph over the speed limit... what part of that isn't speeding?

I didn't post my question for a debate, I posted it for information. I am not going to sit here and argue with every single person who happens to have an opinion.

~La La Gang Member #2~

I didn't post my question for a debate, I posted it for information. I am not going to sit here and argue with every single person who happens to have an opinion.

No wonder you got a ticket. You are a bit on the defensive.
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

I am not going to sit here and argue with every single person who happens to have an opinion.

Awww, c'mon ... let's fight about it:D...

Sorry, but this forum is a free-for-all, and since you put it out there ... some us are gonna have a go at you.

Request a Jury Trial...They will say you are not entitled but you are...Keep insisting and they will drop the charges. I have gotten out of at least 5 tickets that way, especially in small towns. You just get Aunt Bee the clerk all flustered, but be nice, and she will drop it. Just start quoting miscellaneous. made up sections of city code and the Constitution.

Mike

O crap I broke the law by speed, how will I ever live with myself?

If its a big problem then don't.

I don't write the laws - if you no something different, oh please tell.

Texas makes up for no income tax with speed traps. I have had 1 ticket in the past 5 years and that was within one hour of being in TX. The only reason I drove is because it was Sept. 12 of last year. My Argentina/NYC trip had to wait so I drove to TX...Big mistake.....The Texas Dept of Public Safety officers are all (most) complete egotistical assholes that hide behind bushes to get you. I drive 90-100 on the 210 every day to Perris and nobody hassles me ever. I even did a 40mph emergency brake turn on Goetz Rd. right in front of a Perris cop and all he did was look at me funny. The cops in CA are too busy planting bloody gloves at murder scenes to worry about speeding.

Mike

I have heard you guys have awesome cops, mainly due to legal restrictions, speed 'trap' locations all have to have studies done for months to verify they provide correct results, and CHIPS ;) cannot clock while moving. But I have also been told that unmarked cars will sneek up on you in traffic.

--

But I have also been told that unmarked cars will sneek up on you in traffic.

I don't see this often...What is strange...Nobody out here has radar detectors....I have one hard mounted in my car...CA Natives hear it beep and have no idea what it is....It saved me about once a week in TX and once in 3 years in CA. I don't really need it out here except the drive to Vegas.

Mike

I never thought I would be making positive remarks about cereal land (you know fruits, flakes, and nuts?) Actually I have relatives in N. Cal. Odd thing...I recently had my distributor replaced, and ever since, anytime I cross 2800 rpm, my radar detector goes nuts on Laser. No idea why, but my detector is pretty much useless now.
--

hhhmmm 90 in a 70 and got let go near Elsinore "went speedin right on past the drop zone" got nabbed on the way back to it. cop asked me if I knew how fast i was goin? I said 90-95, he said keep it down and walked away, did'nt even finish walkin up to the car. I was like "no shit"???!!!!

Ain't California the sh*t?! B| I'm told CHPs are amongst the coolest-headed bunch in the land overall. They have their moments, but on the whole, they'd rather be somewhere else than chasing speeders.B|
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!