Vallerina

My damn trip

It was a blast! This will be long, so most won't read, but I'm okay with that!

Anyways, the first Sat of the trip, we hit Blue Sky Adventures. What a cool dropzone...Some of the friendliest people I've met!

Then, it was on to DeLand. They gave us a very thorough rundown, tour, etc of the dz. People there were great. I made a jump with the gorgeous Skymama and sexy Kevin922! The rw organizing kicked ass. As I stated somewhere else, Doug from Majik is such an awesome guy. The jumps he put together were fun, and he helped me out at the tunnel when I was all worried. I will definitely sign up for coaching by them once I get time and money!

We hit the tunnel that night...WOW! That whole mantis thing is kinda tricky! Big fun, though!

Then, on to Zhills! Did a few jumps with Happythoughts and one with Jumpergirl. Warren organized us....way cool, fun, laughed my ass off with him. The helicopter jump rocked! Only $25, too! The parties there were also big fun! I love meeting people I've met before or people I've heard about for a long time.

Weather started sucking...my tent almost floated back to Chicago...luckily someone did an anti-rain dance to stop that evil weather.

I hit the tunnel again...more fun! I even impressed some whuffos!

Made a few more jumps with Wildblue and Cajun (don't tell them I said this...but, they flew on their bellies and liked it! Cajun was speaking of grippers last I heard...)

We then headed to Atlanta. In my usual way, we didn't know which dz we were actually going to until we were there, basically! We wanted (yes...I can't believe I said that) to hang out with Clay, but he had to leave early to tend to his pimp duties. So, we picked Atlanta Skydiving Center. BAD CHOICE! We were there for about a half an hour, and no one there said a word to us. I walked around quite a bit smiling at people....no one even smiled back! I think the only introverted skydivers in the world hang out there.

Okay, I'm posting some pictures! One is of me in my brand new jumpsuit, one of my brand new rig, one of wildblue landing, one of Jumpergirl and Happythoughts!
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

landing.JPG

jumpsuit.JPG

rig.JPG

Sounds like you had a great time. Good for you. Was that your first time in the tunnel? I love it. Heading down there in Feb. Jumpsuit and rig look great. Let's see if you can keep them looking that good till WFFC:D

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Hey! I think I saw you on NYE @ ZHills, but you were headed towards the showers so I didn't want to bother ya. :ph34r: I was the one running around on new years eve with the bottle of jaeger and doing demonstrations with the Finnish invention- the RW spaceball. Hilarious. attached is a picture of that tidbit, the premier RW spaceball 4way. :ph34r: I"ve already ordered 300, attached so I can dock on it and make a 301 way in the air. :ph34r:

spaceball.jpg

Jumpsuit and rig look great. Let's see if you can keep them looking that good till WFFC:D

I already got blood on my rig (packing injury) and dirt on my jumpsuit! :D

But, yeah, the tunnel rocked...yes...beer...blah. I'll pay ya at Rantoul! ;) I'm jealous, though...I want to go back in February!

I'm very lucky in my travels to the tunnel, I know the owner;)

As for the beer, none of that free stuff they serve at the convention. >:(

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Hey, Stacy! I was looking for you, but I didn't think I had seen you...:( Maybe next time. We ended up at Ybor City for New Year's. It was fun!

Where did you get your canopy Vallerina?

Was it new or 2nd hand?

The picture of the canopy is Wildblue's, actually. I don't think it's a "fred" canopy :S Mine, however, was 2nd hand found on the dropzone.com classifieds! Woo woo!

As for the beer, none of that free stuff they serve at the convention.

I'll weasle good beer from unsuspecting victims for ya!

Your new gear is sharp! Woo woo!

Thanks! I can't take credit in designing it, though. Had I designed it, it would've been blue and pink tie dye! Some think that's "scary."

Misogyny -- it's sexy!

:D

I made a jump with the gorgeous Skymama and sexy Kevin922!

Thanks, girlfriend, you're quite the hottie yourself! ;) It was great seeing you walk around the dz with that huge perma-grin on your face. I'm glad my homies treated you well. They all told me you did great, which is quite a compliment from some of those crotchity old guys. :)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

That Red canopy is Wildblues... never got that, his name is blue, but all his gear is red...

The red one is faster! Everyone knows that!

Psst, any that wants it needs to PM him;)

Yeah... Brian and his damn Samuri.....
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

Well *blush* that made my night! BTW, don't know if you read my post re. all of this wild chaos, but there are pics of you in it.

:)

Thanks, girlfriend, you're quite the hottie yourself! It was great seeing you walk around the dz with that huge perma-grin on your face. I'm glad my homies treated you well. They all told me you did great, which is quite a compliment from some of those crotchity old guys.

Ha ha! Yes, the people at DeLand treated me great! Glad to hear they had some compliments despite my crappy skydiving! :D I need to eat more so I don't float again!

So, we picked Atlanta Skydiving Center. BAD CHOICE! We were there for about a half an hour, and no one there said a word to us. I walked around quite a bit smiling at people....no one even smiled back! I think the only introverted skydivers in the world hang out there.

Compared to you, many people might be considered introvert.

I remember noticing a very happy looking girl at Eloy sometime back, wouldn't stop smiling. Kept a suspicious eye on her and she just didn't stop smiling all day long. Then at the end of the day she bought a case of beer because it was her first time there- double impressed. :)
Then (next day I think) she turned up at Coolidge, spent the whole day smiling and again bought a case- double double impressed.

It was only much later while surfing the virtual dz did I notice a picture with you in it smiling, a lot like that very happy lady I'd seen in Arizona. ;)

BTW, like that rig a lot. Could do with a dab of yellow, but that's just me. :)

Compared to you, many people might be considered introvert.

Okay, I'll give you that one! And imagine this, I'm even less extroverted than I used to be! Okay, I know not everyone out there is like me (damn shame), but it would've been nice for someone to just smile back!

Then (next day I think) she turned up at Coolidge, spent the whole day smiling and again bought a case- double double impressed.

Well, I hope you got to take some of it, if you drink beer. And I'm confused....I met alot of people that week (especially while drinking beers!) Anything that might tip me off as to who you are?

BTW, like that rig a lot. Could do with a dab of yellow, but that's just me.

Thanks! I was thinking it could use more pink!

And I'm confused....I met alot of people that week (especially while drinking beers!) Anything that might tip me off as to who you are?

Probably not. I'm quite a quiet person on the ground and I usually do all my smiling in the air. I had a blue and white DaKine freefly suit and was either jumping with 2 very pretty girls or Ray and his ball.

BTW, like that rig a lot. Could do with a dab of yellow, but that's just me.

Thanks! I was thinking it could use more pink!

I'd go with that, for a girl's rig. ;)
Damned nice it is anyway.

We then headed to Atlanta. In my usual way, we didn't know which dz we were actually going to until we were there, basically! We wanted (yes...I can't believe I said that) to hang out with Clay, but he had to leave early to tend to his pimp duties. So, we picked Atlanta Skydiving Center. BAD CHOICE! We were there for about a half an hour, and no one there said a word to us. I walked around quite a bit smiling at people....no one even smiled back! I think the only introverted skydivers in the world hang out there.

>:(>:(>:(

Damnit Woman your were here in my town and jumped at my DZ and didn't let me know??? Sheesh:( Oh well.

As for peeps at ASC yeahi would imagine that on a Monday they were pretty damn dull round there. Especially if it was before noon. weekdays are pretty weak at Area DZs in ATL. Seems as though most of us work. Not to mention the weather has been frigid lately except the last 2 weekends when we had kick ass weather. I would imagine no one was out this week. You also missed me and the helicopter by just one day. :(

I'm thining you were just skeared by the landin area heeehee:D:D:D I will say it requires some skillz.

kwak
Sometimes your the bug, sometimes your the windshield. Sometimes your the hammer sometimes your the nail. Question is Hun, Do you wanna get hammered or do you wanna get nailed?????

Damnit Woman your were here in my town and jumped at my DZ and didn't let me know??? Sheesh:( Oh well.

Oh that sucks! I had no idea that was your home! Oh well...maybe I'll catch ya around at Mardi Gras! (You better go again this year!)

You also missed me and the helicopter by just one day. :(

Nope, we were there for that day! We were there on a Saturday, they weren't extremely busy, but I guess too busy to talk to us.

I'm thining you were just skeared by the landin area heeehee:D:D:D I will say it requires some skillz.

Hey! What are you saying about my skills? >:(:P;)

Oh that sucks! I had no idea that was your home! Oh well...maybe I'll catch ya around at Mardi Gras! (You better go again this year!)

You also missed me and the helicopter by just one day. :(

Nope, we were there for that day! We were there on a Saturday, they weren't extremely busy, but I guess too busy to talk to us.

Hey! What are you saying about my skills? >:(:P;)

Vallerina - you going to gold coast for mardi??

Kevin

Vallerina - you going to gold coast for mardi??

Hell yeah! Last year was sooooo much fun (who can forget that spear?)

It'll be my third Mardi Gras and second Mardi Gras Boogie! Kreg (n2skdvn) is the King of it all, though. Last year, he hooked us up with a cool part of town to watch the parade and get really drunk at.

New Orleans is an awesome city.....compared to the nig noggery that goes on there, I really do look like an :)!

Edited to add: And I am really excited since I convinced one of my really hot girlfriends that I've known for many many years to do a tandem! Happy Mardi Gras!