mountainman

DiverDriver.com - 300way record (a pilot's view)

I urge all of you to take the time and read Chris' write up on his experience in Eloy for the world record. It is very interesting to read it from his POV. You never think about how much work it takes for 14 pilots to fly formation like that for something to come together.

It is a very interesting read (I'm 3/4 done) and very informative. This will make you thank your jump pilot next time you see them for how much work they have. Congratulations, Chris and all of the other pilots there!!! (Including Steve Stewart from Richmond. ;))

Here is the link: Flying in the 300way World Record Formation

Enjoy!!

:)
http://www.brandonandlaura.com

Nicely done. As a skydiver I never thought about some of the information Chris put in there. Next time I'm on a formation load I'll be thinking about Chris;)

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I'm glad that a bunch of you guys got to read that! It was really great. It's nice (and enlightening) to read about what the jump pilots go through when getting ready for these. We usually just hear about the jumpers' end of things.

Thanks for taking the time! :)
If you haven't read it yet, take the 15 minutes and read it all the way through. It is really great... start to finish !!!

http://www.brandonandlaura.com

I'm glad that a bunch of you guys got to read that! It was really great. It's nice (and enlightening) to read about what the jump pilots go through when getting ready for these. We usually just hear about the jumpers' end of things.

Thanks for taking the time! :)
If you haven't read it yet, take the 15 minutes and read it all the way through. It is really great... start to finish !!!

Brandon, checks in the mail buddy. Thanks for the plugs. ;)

I'm glad you all liked the article. I wrote that and didn't think I did justice to the event. But, if you can get a glimpse as to what goes into it I'm glad. We had a really awesome collection of jump pilots.

Yes, I think most of us invision ourselves as being reincarnated WWII bomber pilots. We only got a taiste of that as there were only 14 planes. Can't imagine what hundreds of aircraft airborne at once was like. [chill down the spine] Then again, if we're reincarnated then I guess yes we can imagine that. B|
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125