suz

I did a bad thing!!!!!

AAArrgghh!!!
I just went into the Skydiving forums and was reading up on some threads about people failing AFF4.....I'm nervous as hell now. I'm attempting to complete my AFF this weekend coming...
But now I am a little nervous that I'll have to repeat jumps and waste my precious money. CRAP!
Somebody help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I dont have enough finger nails left to chew! LMFAO!

Don't bother me, I'm living happily ever after

Focus on the positive and relax. I know so many more people who passed without failing a level (me included) than people who did fail one. You can do it. Not wanting to waste money on repeating a jump should be plenty of motivation for you! :)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Chill down..the biggest reasson people failure are becours they are nervus...

Think again,what would it mean that you fail?
You do like jumping rigth?Becours thats the worst think that happend..;)

Didnt my pep talk help?
>:(okay then punch you self in the face until you forget what you were nervus over:P

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Relax and enjoy. I did AFF in one pass but my bro had to redo a level coz he was stressed all the time. Just relax, think about what you have to do and do it. And if you have to redo a level it doesn't matter. It is better to get it right and spend a bit more than to rush it and end up being a liability. I am sure you will be fine.

Blue Skies for the weekend - wish I was in Oz too!

CJP

Gods don't kill people. People with Gods kill people

Nrevous is good..it keeps your ego in check!;)
it also helps you get MORE preparded before you go out. remember to SMILE.

SERIOULSY..have you ever seen someone who is smiling mess something up? LOL
if you smile your mind goesinto a whole different mindset. I HONESTLY BELIEVE THIS. if you ever jump with me you'll see me talking and singing the whole time!

unless I'm fukn up..that means I forgot to smile!
i dare you to try this theory on the ground first. try doing something you usually suck at but SMILE while your doing it. if you can find the SMILE you will find the confidence!;)

dont worry though, your supposed to be kinda nervous, its not a natural thing to throw yourself out of a (perfectly?) good airplane!!

EDIT: BTW I RE-DID LEVEL 7....Maybe i should post that in my stupid post!:o

My photos

My Videos

Not wanting to waste money on repeating a jump should be plenty of motivation for you!

Thanks Andrea, I hope that's true! I just wanted to start my B-Rels next weekend...I can see myself still repeating AFF4...guess I'm more so nervous about looking like a dick then "wasting" money...that wasn't a very good explaination....NO jump is a waste of money....even if I have to repeat it.
Everybody just makes it look soooooo easy! I just wanna be able to fly on my own:(

dont worry though, your supposed to be kinda nervous, its not a natural thing to throw yourself out of a (perfectly?) good airplane!!

Hmmmm...but when you think about it....I dont think metal was intended to fly either!!! LOL
Thanks JT....I'll try that....but I'm usually screaming!!! LOL

....I dont think metal was intended to fly either!!! LOL

exactly! thats why I know you can do it!...if you do your levels close to eachother you will do better b/c it is fresh in your mind!;)
I waited 3 weeks between each level so It was hard to get on with it!
I failed lvl 4 but did 4&5 ion my next jump! so I didnt spend any extra there. but then I failed 7...damn!
My photos

My Videos

Hi Suz. I'm an AFF I, and my logbook shows just about everyone passes L4. I think if you're going to fail, L3 would be it, as you're down to 1 I after that.

Go out positive, listen to the briefing, think fast and move slow. You're more experienced a skydiver than you've ever been before.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

It's like taking your driving test - faliing at least once makes you a better driver (trust me!) and failing an AFF level definately makes you a better skydiver (again, trust me).

Oh Gawd....then I am rooted

Woah!!!
Not for me! (not just yet, anyway!)
I was feeling fine until I read the threads in Skydiving....I think I'll hunt for happy threads...lol
Man....I think my body has kicked into "overtiredness" (if that's such a word) I cant sleep!:S

Hi Suz,

We do no Tandem on our AFF program. Tandem is a joyride, maybe a canopy training tool.

Our L1,2 and 3 is double I, 4, 5, 6, and 7 single I and L8 (3 dives) solo, 2 from the top and last one from 4500.

Works OK!

t
It's the year of the Pig.

>Simple answer, go Static Line.

Only if falling like a sack of potatoes for 3 meters while attached to a length of rope is your idea of flying.:P

Going from 3 or 4 thousand feet to the ground on your own, and living to tell the tale is not flying? ;)
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Only if falling like a sack of potatoes for 3 meters while attached to a length of rope is your idea of flying.

Okay then you can take 5 jumps off my log:P
Its the most used way here in Cessna-land.
Rember it thakes some to pull at the rigth time so the instructer can see you do it rigth..

Here we go:
2s/l
then 3s/l where you have to pull a dummy at the 3sek point.thouse 3 have to be good jumps.if yoy fail one you start over whit the dummys:(

I does mean that AFF is the way to go

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I find the first 4 tandems really helpful!!! if my arms are positioned a bit out of place....my JM will bring them back where they should be....so I'm learning right there and then exactly how I am supposed to be positioned, you know?

last one from 4500.

WOW! our grad jump is from 3000ft!!! (nail biting stuff!!!!)