propblast

DOG INFO

I am thinking about getting a new dog. Choc Lab or a Chesapeake Bay Retriever. I would like to rescue. Does anyone know of a Chesapeake Bay Retriever rescue society. Anyone maybe have a phone number or a web page. I remember people telling me about one when i was up in vermont about 4 or 5 years ago.
Propblast

I think he meant rescue as in like an animal shelter, but specific to the breed.

There are many Lab rescue groups in Cali. Do a search on Labrador or Chesapeake Bay retrievers. Most clubs have a link to their respective rescue societies. There are a lot of loving dogs ready to adopt a new family.

The Lab Rescues aren't really shelter-like. They are more like a breeder with a bunch of kennels or can be concerned dog owners that take on "foster" dogs until it can be adopted. A dog can be purchased, then shipped, by air, to you. My dad bought a dog from Canada and had him shipped to Los Angeles.

NewFies are awsesome!
I saw the 1st Newfie /rescue/comp.
The dog went to the underwater videographer 1st, until he surfaced before going to his trainer(above water. The dog knew priorities.;)
My uncle has a Cheasapeke. Big web paws and all the mud you ever could wear.

Here are some lab rescues in NC.
One in Raleigh
Okay, better yet, the google search since there are quite a few links :)Lab Rescue

You could also use this for Bay Retriever's:
Retriever's

That's good of you to be checking out these options. They are both fairly common breeds so you shouldn't have too many troubles finding one that will suit you. They are pretty good at most rescue organizations feeling out the animals to see what their characteristics are before finding them homes...like if they get along with other dogs or cats, how they are with children, if they are housebroken at all or not...etc. They'll be more straight up about probs the dog might have then just getting it from an individual because they don't want to have to rescue them again. All three of our dogs are rescued and the best behaved I've ever had.

If you need any help, we live by Raleigh and I'd be happy to assist in your search if you'd like. Just let me know.

Pam