freefli

your favorite dz's

I live in Conway. It just the other side of mempis takes about 2hr and 45 min to drive. In the summer we(bout 4 of us) go almost ever weekend. Where u jump now?
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Just getting ready to get started actually and Conway is my start point. I live down in Little Rock. I have been wanting to get into this for a long time now and since I have finally put my "attempted" music career on the back burner I may actually have time and money to do this! :P

Yeah, it's fine, we'll walk down the line. Leave our rain, a cold trade for warm sunshine
You my friend, I will defend... and if we change, well, I love you anyway

I used to jump in Conway but not anymore. they havent been open for months, and last I hear werent gonna be open till march. I dont like that, so I go else where. I you want more info PM me or send me and email. Ill be glad to tell you what I know.
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Skydive Elsinore for SURE-- my fave DZ to date (and I've been to MANY in my illustrious skydiving career)-- if you can make it out for the Chicks Rock Boogie, that is one of the best times all year-- the dz is open 7 days a week, otters-- just go to www.skydiveelsinore.com-- I'm pretty much there every weekend-- am mostly a belly chick but have been known to dabble on the dark side from time to time.... ;)

Skydive Chicago rocks-- was there for last year's Nationals, and was truly amazed at the facilities-- not sure what's it's like during slower times, but either way I think it's worth checking out.

The Ranch-- try to get up there for the 4th of July Boogie-- Fight Night is one of the most entertaining events EVER. Sha-frickin'-wangha!! :ph34r: www.ranchskydive.com

Skydive Dallas- Great Freefly crowd and vibe. Just ask manifest to introduce you to a freeflier and away you go. Skyfest is the biggest boogie and it is like the third weekend in July. I believe they will have a CASA, the Schoolbus Otter, and a CVan.

Skydive Kapowsin- Located about 45 min ESE of Tacoma, WA. This was my first home DZ. Huge freefly crowd. Freeflying the way it was originally intended to be, very free. Awesome view of Mt Ranier and others on a very clear day. I'd suggest a visit in like July or August for better weather. Also, bigtime swoop dudes and dudette call KPow home. They fly an Otter, CVan, and 182.

I'm also considering a trip similiar to yours but shorter. I'm contemplating a month long tour this summer covering the western states. New Mexico, Arizona, California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Utah, Colorado, Kansas, and back home to Skydive Dallas.

Oh, I haven't been but the freefly crowd from Skydive Wichita has been to Dallas. They are a good group and I think Wichita would be a fun place to jump and party. They have multiple C-182s.

D.J.

Perris - Otters, Skyvan, loads of freefliers, 7 days a week. Currently $20/jump weekends, $16/jump weekdays. RV parking with and without hookups available.

Elsinore - Otters, loads of freefliers. Don't know any other details.

Skydive San Diego - Otter. Gorgeous views from altitude and under canopy. Nice people too. Not sure what jump prices are now.

Eloy - What doesn't Eloy have? ;)

If you'll be in California during September.... don't miss the Star Farms Boogie in San Miguel, California. Beautiful location - every jump is like a demo, pond to play in (but not swoop!), and the nicest, bestest, coolest boogie organizers ever. :ph34r:

As for beautiful sights, be sure to drive up the California coast (highway 101 out of LA to highway 1) instead of up Interstate 5. Keep the camera handy and plan on a slow trip; from San Luis Obispo up to Monterey is some of the prettiest countryside I've ever seen.

Skydive Spaceland in Houston is a must if you get anywhere near Texas!!

It's totally awesome- we've got a SuperOtter (and an Otter, and a Cessna), indoor air-conditioned packing areas, a bar, plenty of friendly freeflyers to jump with, lots of room for your RV (pretty sure we've got facilities), and a totally awesome staff. Not to mention 100+ acres of open landing space, and plenty of outs in case you miss!

This is definitely a DZ to put on your list!

Here's the link (let's see if I can figure out this clicky business...)

http://www.skydivespaceland.com

Woo hoo it's clicky! I rock! :S (finding joy in the little things)

Seriously dude- we have a WAY FUN DZ!! B|

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

You have to stop in at X-keys in NJ. It is a great dz! The dz owns a super otter, a Skyvan, a cessna caravan, a cessna grand caravan, a steerman bi-plane and a helicopter. We have a great balance of freeflyers and flat flyers. If you stop by around july 4th, we usually run a beach boogie to the jersey shore( D required).

On a good summer weekend we are flying over 40 loads! The only limit on the number of jumps you can make a day are how fast you can pack!

Also, we love to party and light things on fire!

Methane Freefly - got stink?

As for beautiful sights, be sure to drive up the California coast (highway 101 out of LA to highway 1) instead of up Interstate 5. Keep the camera handy and plan on a slow trip; from San Luis Obispo up to Monterey is some of the prettiest countryside I've ever seen.

Once you're up here, you gotta do a few jumps in Monterey to check out the scenery from above. Try to get on the Saturday sunset load beach tour. From there, check out the friendlys at Hollister, then up to get some Byron Love (yes, it's still there), over to Lodi - gotta do Bill Ways even though they are belly-jumps, and a stopoff at Davis for some freeflying with Guano or Jank. Try to get to Davis for the American Boogie or The Northern Cal Freefly Festival. Both are excellent boogies - Davis really shines when it holds a boogie.

Have fun - I am so jealous.
chopchop
gotta go... Plaything needs a spanking..

Lotsa Pictures