spidermonky

First speeding ticket

No, I'm paying too much already to buy beer.:ph34r:

I drove down to Skydive Carolinas today from the Asheville NC area. Got in 2 jumps, had fun, and decided to drive back. The speed limit was 55 as I entered some hick town and I see a sign for my turn so I start looking for the road. Out of nowhere an unmarked police car pulls me over. Apparently some time in the last 1/2 mile the speedlimit dropped to 25 mph. He got me doing 42 (which at the time I thought was way under). Didn't care I'm from out of town, didn't care I didn't have time to adjust to the new speed. $160. Of course if I want to argue it, I have to drive 1.5 hours into South Carolina for a 7am court date. It's one thing to serve and protect, it's another to sit at the worst speed trap they can find to raise revenue for a city.

Doesn't this sound a little steep?? I've never even been pulled over in 6 years of driving.

Happens to the best of us:)The upside was I never heard anything about it ever - lucky me!! Now I have sold the bike got rid of my points, have a clean licence but have just bought a second hand porsche 944, so I must be careful!:P

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."

One thing that I've learned, (which only really works when leaving the dz) is that if you get pulled over, act like you just did your first tandem. Act like the adrenaline is still pumping and you were just excited still. I've heard about this working multiple times. Make sure not to let the cops know you're a regular skydiver though...:S;)

Yeah,I got nabbed a couple weeks ago for a 65 in a 50 + no seat belt....190$....The speeding ticket,
I knew I was guilty of,but damn if I want to be stupid and take the chance of eating my windshield,
that should be my choice....I think that law is about as retarded as saying suicide is illegal...I mean really
are they gonna shoot someone before they shoot
themselves....

The worst is those damn construction zones. I got nailed going through a construction zone while on I-95 headed to Florida, going 70 in a 55 at 3am. Now I can understand when there's actually people working on the road, slow the hell down. But when there are NO WORKERS, and for that matter, NO CARS and three lanes of open traffic, the cop is just being an asswipe. He wrote me up for the full 15 over. What a dickhead. I was in control, sober, and driving very safely. Why the hell can't the construction workers take down the reduced speed limit signs when they go home at the end of the day?

Should come over to the UK - the police spend more time on catching people going 1mph over the limit than they do with anything else. It got worse after they were allowed to keep revenue raised from speed cameras - now they're all over the place. >:(