helicam

Gum Commercial

Not bad if I say so myself...

Just saw the new Stimorol commercial...a bit far fetched but then hey its TV!!

If it's the one I think it is, it was shot here at Perris in August of 2001. Guy without a rig jumps after his girlfriend just to get her Stimorol gum. Believe it or not, that took 3 or 4 days of shooting. You can see photos from that shoot at: http://www.perriscam.com/20010802.htm

Jack Gramley
Computer Consultant

Hiya

Didn't mean to diss the commercial......my question is how did he get on the load without a rig! :)
That being said, I love it!!!

I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter

Didn't mean to diss the commercial......my question is how did he get on the load without a rig!

Well, as was pointed out, the plot line was a bit weak. The story was that the girl (a skydiver) steals his gum and he chases her to the plane as it is taxiing out. They fight in the plane for the gum and she jumps with it. He bails out after her and catches her in freefall. He steals the gum and creates a large crater in the ground. She lands her canopy, walks over to the hole and grabs the gum out of his hand. Pretty dumb, but they seemed pleased with it.

Now here's the funny part. The guy is using a hidden rig and wearing a large, flowered shirt. What he doesn't know is that we have Jenna and Barbara Bush, the presidents twin daughters, here doing tandem jumps. We are filming the exit and tracking shots of the hidden rig for the commercial. So, we have one of the presidents daughters on the aircraft with a secret service agent, and about 3 or 4 other secret service agents standing around, blending in, and doing a good job of not being noticed. We had been asked to keep everything quiet, so no one really knew that the twins were on the DZ. Okay, secret service agents watching for anything suspicious, see this guy, without a rig but DEFINITELY with something hidden underneath, burst out of a team room (late for the load) and run to the aircraft that already has one of the twins on it. Needless to say things got interesting until we helped to sort things out. The end result was that no one was injured, no shots were fired, and everyone (except the agent in charge) had a good laugh over it.

Jack Gramley
Computer Consultant

Never seen this commercial. Is it during prime time?

Actually, it is a Russian gum company and the commercial was never scheduled to play in the USA. I believe the first poster on this thread was from S. Africa and probably saw it there.

Jack Gramley
Computer Consultant