suz

Does anbody else do shift work????

Just wondering if there is anyone else here that is a shifty?
I am constantly at work. And I hate it. I only get one weekend off a month. That's the only time I can fit jumping in. I get days off during the week. But because my dz is only small, not much jumping happens because it's hard to get a full load.

My whuffo mates call me up on my weekend off, to go drinking, but obviously, I'm at the DZ...Is anyone in the same boat as me???
And how the F@!K do you cope?????
It's soooo frustrating. I do love my work, but it's affecting my personal life! ARRRRGGHHH!>:(
Just whinging. Gotta do it every now and then, huh?

Don't bother me, I'm living happily ever after

Oh dude the job is the best, I was at the station this morning, just walking around our trucks and engines, the shift commander busted me sliding down the pole, and no I was not goofing off, I just didn't feel like taking all the stairs back down:P

I'm not afriad of dying, I'm afraid of never really living- Erin Engle

I envy you!!!!!!!
I do either 7am-3pm. 3:30 - 11:30pm, or 12-8pm.
Includes weekends.
And then I have to go to manager meetings. Hold meetings for my staff. Drink beer, see whuffo mates. Read my A license manual. See my family and have some 'Suz' time. At the moment, I am having Suz time, and I am wasting it on worrying about my spare time! Ha Ha Ha...how ironic.:S

That's awesome. I bet your sooo relieved...it does catch up to you eventually, hey? no matter how hard you try to stay on top of things, it always finds a way to creep on in!

I'm also a shifter, but I'm on twelves sounds like you are on eights. We get two weekends off a month. I have to swap time or shifts sometimes to make certain events at the dz. But we jump during the week too here, fewer loads but still enough and the place is less crouded. If you want to be there every weekend say doing 4-way with the same bunch it can be tough. Since every other week we flip to nites and back to days it cuts into more time. But I try not to jump comming off of graveyard shift if I can help it. Glen

Aggie? I am trying to hold back my temptation to say something mean and nasty to you. WHAT A FUCKING COOL JOB YOU HAVE!!!!! there, I turned it around into something positive.

Glen man, twelve has got to suck! I do nights, then mornings alot. Or I knock off at 11pm then got to start at 12 the next day.
I cant really swap shifts with anyone either, the thing that mostly sucks is that we gotta work on all public holidays, which are when the good boogies are on, and that cuts deep! I miss out on the easter boogie this year, I really wanted to go to that too. :(

Well,
We have 7 day coverage and 24hr/("All are on call" emergency call & hazard).:)
If it makes you fell any better,
I bought a house with the rear deck facing the West, so I could watch the Sunset.>:(
My 1st 9 months here, I never saw the Sun set at home. I saw 1 year of Sunsets from "the field".
some long(weeks at a time) 16 hour days and lesser days,
cost me:
Karate, Bagpipe, Bobsled and worst, a 4 year stop on Skydiving.:(
Slap in the face= Now my Company gave FULL sponsorship to the U.S. Bobsled & Skeleton Federation (after I bailed out due to NO time-off)B|
I can't say that your job is doing you any favors if it's sucking the marrow from your most precious part of your life that is going to effect your future. The rest of your life depends on the "NOW".:)
My quote: " I do not have the fear dying, I fear wasting my life and never having truly LIVED".:)
-Grant James Gallagher

Yeah, I know, I bitch about it, but I really do love working at the DZ! Once I finish up my coach's rating (just 2 jumps to go), then I'll be one of those guys teaching students (scary)...B|B|

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."