nopurpose

Student Travelling to another DZ

I currently have 12 jumps: 3 Tandems, AFF 1-7 (I did AFF 4 & 5 in one shot), High and Low Solo, and one relax dive. I will be going on travel for work from the 10th to about the 28th, and I do not want to stop jumping during this time. I will be staying in Newport News, Virginia and the closest DZ is in Suffolk.

I currently have been jumping at Cross Keys, and as part of my requirements for A license I need 5 coach jumps. Should I, or better yet, can I do coach jumps at another DZ? Should I just stick to relaz dives? I need to talk to my instructors at CK before I leave but any advice would be helpful.

I will be staying in Newport News, Virginia and the closest DZ is in Suffolk.

Head on over to Larry's place, you'll be in great hands and Larry's runs a nice place, you have nothing to worry aboutgo visit, just remember to take your logbook and USPA membership card. Have fun and say hi to Larry.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Without your A license, you can probably expect to be required to first do, and pay for, a "proof-of-the-pudding" jump with an instructor at the new DZ.

I may be a Level 7 jump or simply a show me this-and-that jump.

They could, and IMO, should do so.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Without your A license, you can probably expect to be required to first do, and pay for, a "proof-of-the-pudding" jump with an instructor at the new DZ.

I may be a Level 7 jump or simply a show me this-and-that jump.

They could, and IMO, should do so.

But we've also seen the rare DZ that require that jump to be a FULL PRICE AFF dive. Best to call first to see if he can expect to be $crewed.

Someone 'cleared to jump solo' shouldn't have to go through that. And if he's willing to hire a "coach" :S:S then so much the better.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Not to take business away from my home DZ but, if your in Newport News, West Point may actually be easier to get to than suffolk. just my $.02
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" ~Samuel Clemens

MB#4300
Dudeist Skydiver #68