Iraqi Regime Brutalizes Athletes

Iraqis would rather flee Iraq than lose a soccer match.

This could be sensationalized, but if even half of it is true, it serves to demonstrate once again that the cause is just.

"De Oppresso Liber".
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

This could be sensationalized, but if even half of it is true . . .

The same could be said about alien abductions.

You probably should not assume that just because there is a large quantity of anecdotal evidence that a story is true.

I'd like to see the hard evidence first.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

This could be sensationalized, but if even half of it is true . . .

The same could be said about alien abductions.

You probably should not assume that just because there is a large quantity of anecdotal evidence that a story is true.

I'd like to see the hard evidence first.

Although we had our blinders on concerning the Nazi death machine during WWII (we simply did not want to believe what was going on), I agree somewhat. Folks over there (I'm generalizing here, not stereotyping) tend to be overly emotional and sensationalistic. Witness the Congressional testimony of Kuwaitis during PGWI. However, some of the atrocities the Kuwaitis cited were indeed perpetrated by the Iraqis during the occupation.

Hussein's pigs are very good at covering their tracks. The Nazis were too, but their obsession with record-keeping was helpful in exposing the truth.

The photographs of rooms packed to the ceiling with eyeglasses confiscated from those who went to the gas chambers weren't "alien abductions". Further, I don't think ridiculing these people is helpful, and I think it is bad form to compare their experience to "alien abductions", since it appears to be a form of dismissive ridicule.
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

I know what they went through," adds Haydar, who escaped from Iraq in 1998 and now lives in London. "I was tortured four times after matches. .

says Haydar, the former soccer star. "I wish they would run their hands over our scars, see the pain in our eyes Then there would be no questions."
see the torture chamber and the blood on the floor," Forrest says. "What will they say then?"

Don't run out of altitude and experience at the same time...