skreamer

lost logbook

No, I haven't lost my logbook. I just thought I would share a little tip with you guys.
I travel quite a lot and one good habit I have is scanning all my important documents (passport, flight tickets, traveller's cheques etc.) and mailing the .jpgs to my Hotmail account before leaving. I reckon this way it would be a lot easier should stuff get lost/stolen (see the mentality us South Africans approach life with?).
Anyway, before my trip to Skydance I thought 'Well hell, my logbook is a LOT more important than my passport - you can always get another passport right?'. So I scanned it, mailed it to myself, my sister and left a copy on my web-site.
Anyway, just a little tip that some of you might find useful (especially if like me you don't have a recognized license yet).
/s
PS if you don't own a scanner, mail your log book to me here in London and I'll do it for you!
hahahahaha, that was a joke - please don't!

Hey Skreamer,
I don't have a scanner for my logbook, but I put everything into a computerized logbook on my computer for an extra copy. I also keep photocopies of both my pilot's logbook and skydiving logbook. I figure that way if I ever do lose one I have a record to show for it. That is a good idea with the scanner. Hmmm, maybe that would be a good excuse to get one.
Blue Skies,
Adam

Wow...what an idea....Keeping a logbook.

I really do wish I had kept an acurate log....

Oh well.

Ron
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334