i hope so:ph34r:

what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger

that explain why im so strong,i have lived through 26 years:D

Positive thourgths Thomas:)

Get a grip, and ride it!

iwould like to but my gf is at work:P

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I know I get all nervous inside when I go to look at the end of a weekend. I pray that nobody I know has been killed or hurt so that we can all play together again soon.

I also get worried about all those who should be here jumping but are in Irag fighting. I can barely turn on the news anymore.

I guess I wear my feelings on my sleeve where incidents and injury are concerned.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Does anyone else's heart kind of go up in their throat when they see a couple of new threads in the Incidents forum, particularly on a weekend night?

Nope. Lately most of the posts in the incident forum don't belong there. Everytime i see a red number i assume it's another unnecessary post.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Lately most of the posts in the incident forum don't belong there

so its only if a person get killed or hurt they belong there?I think its value info that people can tell their "close call"there.Its there most people looks and try to find out how NOT to do things..

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Lately most of the posts in the incident forum don't belong there
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
so its only if a person get killed or hurt they belong there?I think its value info that people can tell their "close call"there.Its there most people looks and try to find out how NOT to do things..

I tend to agree with Sunshine on this. My understanding is that minor injuries with accompanying lessons learned could go in the safety and training folder. Incidents is for the fatal and major stuff. Maybe HH could clarify.

I'm not saying the new threads are unnecessary, but the replies to them. HH even has a notice of "rules" pop up if you're replying in that forum. For some reason most of the replies add nothing to the value of the thread.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

that aching hollow spot you feel occasionally, well, we all feel that too. We feel it for all kinds of reasons, one of those being when we lose people

That's beautifully said. I haven't read the rest of this thread, but that was really nicely put. It can apply to anyone, and reminds us that we're all different.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Right..... so you refuse to be close to people because you don't want them to got through the pain of your death? Hmm or maybe the other way?.. Some parts of life hurt, i'll give you that, but in my opinion if you isolate yourself for the entirety of your life then your making the WHOLE of your life hurt.....

YOU have a 1982 rig???

Daamn I thought I was the only one to have gear so old. Mine's an original Racer... yours? (what else was in production back then?) When I paid a visit to Hollister, some who didn't know me (but noticed a few grey hairs) thopught perhaps I had been jumping for a very long time. I got a kick outta that ...nobody even BORROWS my rig at home, never mind fight over it. And, since our C-182 DZ itself is not really freefly friendly (from 9k??) who cares?

Bwahaha! only if they don't cut it off, though. Of course, if it's me and my old gear (1982 vintage), there'll probably be no fight, huh. -Wendy W

Dave

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)

YOU have a 1982 rig???

Daamn I thought I was the only one to have gear so old. Mine's an original Racer... yours? (what else was in production back then?) When I paid a visit to Hollister, some who didn't know me (but noticed a few grey hairs) thopught perhaps I had been jumping for a very long time. I got a kick outta that ...nobody even BORROWS my rig at home, never mind fight over it. And, since our C-182 DZ itself is not really freefly friendly (from 9k??) who cares?

Bwahaha! only if they don't cut it off, though. Of course, if it's me and my old gear (1982 vintage), there'll probably be no fight, huh. -Wendy W

Dave
Hey..I got this '79 wonderhog you'ld just love! Looks new! Lemmeno when ya wanna 'upgrade!';)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

muwahaha back atcha!

A big chunk of my progression was done with a Bullitt strapped to my back. I'm rusty on my rig history, but Ido believe it is essentially a modified Wonderhog. :o Adjustable harness that fits "none", special "invisible" riser covers, and an FXC 12000 poking into your back.

...and as a student I thought it was Grrrreat!

Dave

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)

YOU have a 1982 rig???

I bought it new :). It was actually my third rig. A first-generation Mirage (hottest rig on the market at the time), different company and everything from what's now called a Mirage.

At the time, it had what was considered primo riser coverage -- all the way. But it's all velcro. It's really pretty, though.

Of course, now I also have a Javelin...

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

>My understanding is that minor injuries with accompanying lessons
> learned could go in the safety and training folder. Incidents is for
> the fatal and major stuff.

Well, yeah. I'd call anything from an unusual mal to a fatality an incident; things like a sprained ankle, torn jumpsuit, normal mal etc would be better posted in talkback. However, often an incident will launch a big discussion about that topic, and I think that's good. The "medical smarts" thread, for example, was the result of a medical emergency at the DZ, and (I think) provided some good info on the topic.