swreefer

Used big boy rig

Hello everyone, I just got off my AFF and trying to get my first rig. I'm a heavy guy 240 lbs 6'2. I assume that H/C for me needs to be tso'd for exit weight up to 300lbs? Does that mean that I have to make sure that I'm not busting TSO? Otherwise DZO will not let me jump? may I use PD reserve or similar that is 250 sqf if my exit weight ~260 lbs? I spend a lot of time reading all these "gear for a big boys" threads and seems like I don't really have many options, but go for a new gear that is TSO's for up to 300lbs? I believe its called TSO23d?

Thanks

Alex

get a few jumps on the 260's you been jumping on AFF then look for a rig. I have one i am thinking of selling and a 230 is a tight fit. It likes the 190 I have it in right now way better. I am 6'2" 260+ out the door. I jumped a Lazer 290 in a really old Javelin for close to 300 jumps before buying a used 230 sabre then finally bought this rig I am thinking of selling (wings) at around 400 jumps for $1800 without a main. If your still jumping in a 100 jumps or so I might have anothe rig that will take a 230 for sale as well.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

Gentlemen, please refrain from conducting business in the forums. If you wish to continue speaking via Pm or e-mails by all means please do so. Thank you for your cooperation.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

keep jumping rental till you get across a descent deal. big boys rigs are not so common and asking price get ridiculous sometimes. Yes your H/C and reserve needs to be TSO for your exit weight, mains does not have a TSO, but there is a manufacturers limitations on the maximum exit weight. The good thing is that most of the new H/C TSO'd for a guys like us.

Yes.
Now, we'll turn you back over to your Instructors and local rigger.

Oh well :) :o

Sorry, Brother.

Them's the rules.

We don't know you.

We don't know what your proficiency is on the student canopies, etc.

We've all agreed to point students back to their instructors/riggers for gear, flaring, exit, landing, etc.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.