ripcord4

Foreign (?) Military Rigs

To all...especially our military riggers here: are there ANY military parachute systems that leave the d-bag attached to the canopy rather than the static line? Leaving only the s/l to be retrieved?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but there is what is known as a RASL ( Release away static line). The only thing left on the anchor line cable inside the aircraft are parts 4,5,6. The RASL is used on cargo systems only, an example can be seen here.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

To all...especially our military riggers here: are there ANY military parachute systems that leave the d-bag attached to the canopy rather than the static line? Leaving only the s/l to be retrieved?

The World War II Airborne Demonstration Team (WWIIADT) uses the pilot chute assist that you are describing.

http://www.wwiiadt.org/videos.htm

If you need assistance, PM me for the Chief Rigger's email address.

Keith
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Most of the people that learned on static line used this type of system. The FAA requires it on civilian jumps. I have never seen it used oh Military jumps.

Sparky

105.47 Use of static lines.

(a) Except as provided in paragraph (c) of this section, no person may conduct a parachute operation using a static line attached to the aircraft and the main parachute unless an assist device, described and attached as follows, is used to aid the pilot chute in performing its function, or, if no pilot chute is used, to aid in the direct deployment of the main parachute canopy. The assist device must—
(1) Be long enough to allow the main parachute container to open before a load is placed on the device.
(2) Have static load strength of—
(i) At least 28 pounds but not more than 160 pounds if it is used to aid the pilot chute in performing its function; or
(ii) At least 56 pounds but not more than 320 pounds if it is used to aid in the direct deployment of the main parachute canopy; and
(3) Be attached as follows:
(i) At one end, to the static line above the static-line pins or, if static-line pins are not used, above the static-line ties to the parachute cone.
(ii) At the other end, to the pilot chute apex, bridle cord, or bridle loop, or, if no pilot chute is used, to the main parachute canopy.
(b) No person may attach an assist device required by paragraph (a) of this section to any main parachute unless that person is a certificated parachute rigger or that person makes the next parachute jump with that parachute.
(c) An assist device is not required for parachute operations using direct-deployed, ram-air parachutes.

My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals