KawiZX900

best photo i've ever taken

Cairns: Great Barrier Reef: 15 nautical miles off the coast, 10-15M down unda

Accelerate hard to get them looking, then slam on the fronts and rollright beside the car, hanging the back wheel at eye level for a few seconds. Guaranteed reaction- Dave Sonsky

Resize-Assistant-1.jpg

a 10 dollar disposable undawater Kodak.... one of the 4 good photos I got out of 5 of those cameras... the rest are shit... this is back before my EOS Elan 7 and, I've yet to get a housing for it.... Sony PD 150 comes first.....

Accelerate hard to get them looking, then slam on the fronts and rollright beside the car, hanging the back wheel at eye level for a few seconds. Guaranteed reaction- Dave Sonsky

I was trying to get some shots of a giant Moray Eel but kept stirring up the silt and crap at the O' bed then this Beeaauty cruises on by, followed it for a few minutes, then when it got just past that reef ledge it gave a few strong kicks and just glided outta there much faster than I could propel myself along.. It was really beautiful to watch, kinda banked left and made a really smooth arching movement through the water...

unfortunately i don't have the negative anymore and theres a bucnh of scotch tape on its edges and a couple bends that appeared in the move from one place to the next... had it in a writters book underneath 20 others to flatten it back out... glad it's scanned because that photo is seeing a lot of road wear...

dude not sure what kind of housing you want, but you can get a good one (ugly though) for around 280 on ebay (or directly I suppose) from a place called "47st.photo". no need to remind me of what else is out there, i'm a photographer. i am into nikon personally but my roommate has an Elan 7E which is nice. I have an N6006 as a backup and use an N90s for now. Will be going digital before the WFFC and the Texas State Record. Good luck!! :)

I know most camera suppliers won't sell the less expensive underwater cases, they like the 1800 dollar bad boys. I guess if you're digital it makes sense. Anyhow, nice pic!

Blue skies!
Sis

I'd have to be up close and personal with anything I was going to immerse in salty H2O before I bought it... I tried selling my PS2 on ebay but closed the auction out... just weird about it I guess... guys I work with have Ebay fever about shit, like you would not believe.... tellin me to post the PS2 for 175 and that some freak that dosn't leave the house will end up paying 350 for it..

That's really, really impressive considering the camera. I just sold my Nik V thinking I was going to go housed... then I decided I needed a rig more. Ikelite has some cheap-er housings, but the strobe makes a big difference in pictures. Personally, b&h is the only place I'll deal with in NY; great customer service.

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt