airann

What Language would you learn?

>8 years of Latin
>For some reason though, I can understand what people are saying when they speak Spanish

There is the answer, Italian and Spanish have the same root, also, if you spoke Spanish you could easily understand Portuguese and some Greek, weird huh?

:SOh no...:o
Chop go pester me in another thread... This dude's life goal is to be a dang burr under my saddle.. ;):P

I actually like Native American ? Like Indian.
THEN, who would I talk to....

my yahoo- Jumps From Plane
Clay- Likes His Sheep
JT- Needs Help Bad
Jessica - Beautiful Feather
The blue dude - Face of Blue
Lumious- Sees Weird Things
Crazy Ivan- Man with Sword
Pabito - Screams like Girl
Quade - Not Really Boring
SkyBytch- Bytch in Sky
SkyMonkeyOne ???

forgot another one...
chopchop - sodomizes airann

B|B|B|B|:S
chopchop
gotta go... Plaything needs a spanking..

Lotsa Pictures

I would want to learn American Sign Language. I was briefly taught once, but you really need someone to sign with, so you learn to read what they are signing. Wonderful language!

Jan

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

I would want to learn American Sign Language

I was learning a little bit of it, but I dropped it when I realized that you CAN'T whisper or tell a secret. :D:D

Ok there are similarities with Latin languages (Spanish, French, Italian, and Portugese) because obviously they all came from Latin. With the exception of the French Latin people are superior. Oh wait and except for the Portugese too. Hold on a second there is a significant difference between the Spanish and Italians. Ok we all know Spain is the best but back to the topic at hand. Knowing Spanish backwards and fowards does not mean you will understand Italian French or Portugese. That is a complete myth. Being that I speak Italian and know countless people who speak Spanish as a native language I have been able to put this to the test over and over again. Sure they will catch more words than a German would. But they will not catch enough words to carry even a very slow conversation. Even if they can 5 out of ten words from the sentence, which typically they won't, it still wouldn't be enough to understand the true meaning of the sentence. Instead it would only provide a clue for guessing what was said.
If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.

provide a clue for guessing what was said.

I never said that you can have a conversation, but yes, you can somewhat understand and make some sense, at least, that's some of my experience. :|

Whoa, just realized that I learned quite a bit of Latin in Medical Terminology. Latin/Greek and Other

Expansion of English and Afrikaans vocabulary based on Latin basic words

eg. manus (hand) : manuscript (manuskrip), manipulate (manipuleer), manufacture, manifest (manifes), manure, (chopchop)

very handy...
:D

WAIT- I know French -
RSVP
abbr. French
répondez s'il vous plaît (please reply).
:)

~AirAnn~

How did you get exposed to Afrikant? Are you one of those blond African-Americans from Johanisberg who is getting shafted by the affirmative action programs?

Well, I already speak German fluently and enough Spanish to get by in Lima, so I think I'd like Italian or Portuguese next...

Though it'd be pretty cool to talk dirty in Russian...:ph34r: :)

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

I studied a lot of German in school and when I finally got to Germany, they wanted to speak English at the Hofbrauhaus. :S Unfortunately, the one word I had to translate for them was blood sausage. Yuck!! I remember virtually nothing from a year of Russian and who was I going to talk to? While Japanese and Chinese are intriguing, if I did it again, I'd take Spanish, like I did last summer.

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

No, not really- it's a lot of umming and hand gestures and "como se dice?" (<-- did I even spell that right?)
It's just because in Lima, in my experience, there weren't many people who spoke English very well, as opposed to some other Latin American cities, like Buenos Aires and Sao Paulo. So, they spoke a little English, I spoke a little Spanish, and it resulted in some of the most hilarious, fun conversations.

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Oh my God, it was a blast!! Nothing like liberal amounts of alcohol to make you think you actually speak a foreign language. And damn, those Peruvians can PARTY! I saw the sun come up three times the week I was there (and I was there for work! B|)

I wanna go back on my own sometime.

Oh my God, it was a blast!! Nothing like liberal amounts of alcohol to make you think you actually speak a foreign language. And damn, those Peruvians can PARTY! I saw the sun come up three times the week I was there (and I was there for work! B|)

I wanna go back on my own sometime.

Yup..sounds like Peru o'right. :)

Yup..sounds like Peru o'right. :)

You know your way around other Latin American countries, too?

Although I have known people to get confused and start speaking some crazy SpItalian!

That would be me! I tried Dutch at one point, but then my German got in the way, and it really pissed off my teacher!

well I have spoke a ton of Spanglish. But only when I know the person I am speaking to can understand both Spanish and English. Its not uncontrollable its just that you can have a larger vocabulary to choose from when talking to certain people.