w4p2

Why do jumpers quit so soon?

Damn Ken. Didn't realize you were local to jt.

That's ok, that link hasn't been posted in awhile. It was due.

Yeah lucky me huh? If/when you guys get tired of him you just turn off your computer. For me though............Well I think you can figure it out.:SB|:P

Bwahahaha!

ARe you saying that people get sick of jt? not I! B|
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Yeah lucky me huh? If/when you guys get tired of him you just turn off your computer. For me though............Well I think you can figure it out.:SB|:P

HAHAHA!

you know that I am like fill the dz like I am HALF of the fun jumper base!

Ive got that kinda presenceB|
My photos

My Videos

That is rough>:(>:(>:(

What is SLV??? and is this kind of crap common in the land of freedom?:P:P:P

Is the guy rolling in money or runig the business for his worst friend?

nah, its not common that is why we're all pissed off:D
My photos

My Videos

/sigh

I'm new, haven't even taken aff-1 yet (doing it this weekend) and to me it seems kinda sad.

I mean, ugh... it is depressing to people like me, at least I think it would be, to hear stuff like this, and to come to realize that no matter what it is we are doing, or where we go, it all comes down to the same things.

Be it office politics, DZ politics, school politics, wherever... It always comes back to the same crap. People getting along for once, just cartblanche across the boards would be nice (I can dream right?)

Anyways, reading something like this, though it makes me feel less optimistic, and as if I will have to work hard to meet people and have fun doing this, I will still go do my aff, make the investment and see if Skydiving is for me. I had a really good time when I did my tandem and it was enough to make me want to sign up and learn to fly on my own, and be in control of what I do.

I sure hope, that somehow I can avoid the political crap, and just meet people and have fun.

Being that I am new, I have no idea how long I will last, but I am going to have a fun time for however long it is, and that is all there is to it !

(btw, sorry about the long post, but for so long I, my friends, other people I care about, basically everyone, has had to put up with the same crap that went on in highschool)

oh, and I'm definitely NOT flaming anyone, pointing this at anyone in particular, or trying to cause problems... just stating how I feel, and how it looks to me, as someone that is just starting to get into jumping.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

I think money is a big part of it. But for those of us dedicated, we find a way around the money. I certainly have no intention of quitting, but money has kept me south of 100 jumps and coming up on 2 years jumping in a week or two. Not to mention being busy as hell at school. Priorities must be set, and my education must be #1. Otherwise, forget about jumping, I won't have money to live on.

Yap

But where is the mature crowd.

Where is the midle age group, that is not in the sport for business?

Where do they dissapear or do the carreers and marriages wash them away.

Or is it just that the wisdom comes with age.

Hell... for me not: JL B|;)

A few of the older crew Ive met that have been around for a while say there bodies cant handel it anymore... after injuries etc. Mybe thats a big part of why they stop... or at least slow down.

Chuteless is an Old guy now... I havent seen him in a while... maybe he can throw some light on the situation!

Hope you don't get Banned!

1. They see a serious accident.
2. They have an accident, or a close call and it scares them out of it. Some people jump a few more times, but the fear gets them.
3. Politics...Putting up with others BS.
4. They don't see a way to progress.
5. Dealing with know it alls. Drives them crazy.
6. Money issues.
7. Some just don't get it...Others just don't enjoy it.
8. Significant other wants them to quit.
9. It gets old after a while.

There are more.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

My main concern in this sport is the money situation.

At the moment, I have all the time in the world to get my little butt to the DZ and get some jumps in. But I have no money.
When I am earning the big money...I have no time to get my little butt to the DZ. Catch 22 situation?

Don't bother me, I'm living happily ever after

Shouldn’t we have a better name for it?

...like the Kate Cooper clinic or the Cheryl Sterns clinic?

Fast,
Don’t get discouraged b/c of finances! We all go broke sooner or later! The AFF and getting to the point where you BUY YOUR OWN gear is that hardest part. If you need more inspiration go to my website and read my first jump story.
Btw- there is a certain amount of politics you will have to endure but they usually aren’t overwhelming to the point where it ruins your day
We are all just speaking of specific incidents, not on going dramas. By reading threads here you should find yourself a good idea of the people in the sport. Sure sometimes there are arguments but ANY time two or more minds come together you will eventually disagree.
It’s HOW you disagree that makes this sport awesome! You’ll hear the phrase "ASSHOLE" a lot in this sport. It’s NORMALLY not an insult. It’s a way of poking fun at each other/ kind like an ego check!

You’ll see threads like "HEY ASSHOLE!" and the common response is "WHAT"
Even when we disagree, we do it with a mutual respect! THOSE are the people who persevere in our sport!
When you see someone who takes it too seriously, you will see someone burn out and leave! The things you should take seriously are:
TRAINING: I.E. Seeking knowledge, having fun, learning about your gear, learning new ways to pack your gear, jumping at diff dz’s (this allows a differ pool of knowledge) <--DZ.com is awesome for that
SAFETY I.E. seeking knowledge, having fun, learning about your gear, learning to land in diff types of altitude and heat factors, understanding and talking about incidents that you can learn from!
Those to me are the TWO factors everyone should be involved with!
SEEKIN ADVICE AND COUNSEL of other jumpers and not being afraid to speak up when you see someone doing something you think is wrong or dangerous. DO IT politely and you will earn respect!
We all look out for each other and sometime we forget things (like chest straps; that seems to be a trend lately) just b/c someone has 14,000 jumps doesn’t mean they are perfect! They are HUMAN first remind them that their Chest strap is not done when you see them get on the plane. EVEN if it is the way they always do it, they will thank you for being aware and looking out for everyone safety! Then the fun part comes…

BEER hanging out after the beer light comes on- you don’t HAVE to drink excessively or even at all. It’s just the socializing side of skydiving.

BOOBIES this is a fun part too as long as you don’t become a creep. the while thing about skydiving is enjoying life. Most women don’t go around naked but it’s kind of flirting with the sexuality.
Of course, it would be nice etc. but its all in just in the spirit of good natured "RIBBING"(for her pleasure?)

Those who take the jump TOO seriously will "burn out!"
Those who don’t take it seriously enough may "burn in" the possibility is there for all of us on every jump.
With that in mind here’s my motto!
Have fun. Live free. SKYDIVE!!

Life is too damn short to live with anger. if you except that fact that throwing your self out o f an airplane will kill you, UNLESS you take the proper procedures to change your fate, every thing else is just water off the back! Brush it away!

Ok this is turning out to be LOOOOOoonng so I think that should be good.
I hope that sums up the spirit of the jump for ya
My photos

My Videos