lippy

I'm a dumbass

For the past 50 or so jumps I've been front risering on to final. A while ago I started doing 180s. I'd start more than high enough, and always finish on double fronts, slowly working it down. Then I got a little smarter this weekend and went back to 90s, as I was at an unfamiliar DZ and there was a little more traffic than I'm used to. I went back to my home DZ and did a 4-way, and had planned on just a 90, but as I was coming in the 180 was just there.

I started the turn with the intention of tapping the 5x5x2ft accuracy tuffet on the way by. I came out of the turn way too low, barely got a half-assed flare to slow down just a touch before I nailed the tuffet. The tuffet is made out of 4 pads, each probably weigh about 50 pounds. One of them took a pretty good flying leap after I hit it, landed a good way out. I went end over end a few times, at one point my feet were in my lines while still airborne, and landed with a decent thud.

I'm extremely grateful that I got nothing more out of this then a sore foot, shoulder, and a lesson learned. I fucked up royally and am the first to admit it. I'm gonna go back to what I should've been doing all along...No more than a 90 onto final untill I've got them 100% dialed in.

Lesson learned: If you're gonna hook it low, aim for the tuffet
I got nuthin