SkySlut

Fox's Stupid Behavior...

I am pretty sure that he has a ripcord system mounted on the hip area. They show 2 PRCPs that were quick, but seemed in the correct area. The student does go for the cutaway, and the JM goes for the ripcord...which are definately in 2 separate areas. I will have to take a closer look at it again, the video is pretty poor.

"I think the guy who owns Virgin records (and airlaines and whatever) was training for his around the world balloon flight, and went through AFF, and did the same thing on his first jump. "

Yes. Richard Branson. The video was shown on my AFF I candidates course.

Look at this pic of an AFF I completely unaware of what the student is doing...

t
It's the year of the Pig.

I think the guy who owns Virgin records (and airlaines and whatever) was training for his around the world balloon flight, and went through AFF, and did the same thing on his first jump.

Virgin CEO Richard Branson took AFF training as part of one of his balloon soires. He pulled the cutaway handle first. The video is precious...B|
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

And I could be wrong but it seems to me the main side did the right thing (assuming the student was supposed to have a working RSL). The reserve side let go early.

The main side let go knowing that the cutaway pillow had been pulled and there was not an RSL. Then the Main side could not catch the student. Reserve side simply left when the main deployed, of course it never came out of the bag.

Hook

>That is the actual number from Fox.com, so let them have it.

"let them have it" for what? Daring to show a video of a skydive gone bad? If we did that for every group out there we'd have no news at all. No mention of car crashes, train wrecks, airline crashes, or accidents at the olympics.

>Anyone know where this jump took place?

It may have been Perris. If so, the main riser caught the RSL release connector and disconnected it as the main was leaving. There was an AAD on the main only (a pin puller.)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yes, the dive was done at Perris.
How the idiot landed in those wires is a mystery to me.
Those wires are by the Onion Factory, almost a mile North of the student landing area.

And yes, for while, Perris only had (FXC) AADs on their student mains.
Then they had Cypri in their reserves with FXC still on the mains for a while.
However, the FXC mains were a real rigger's nightmare with two ripcords.
One of my last (March 2001) rigging chores at Perris was to remove all the FXCs from their students' main containers.