SpaceUnknown

Favorite Music

Just wondering what fellow jumpers consider their favorite bands... Thought I'd ask since the song "The Love Shack" popped into my head readin another thread :D ... a nice track for gettin a groupty together hehe

Anyways, me, pretty much anything rock, alternative and even a few techno tracks. Listen mostly to Rage Against the Machine tho.

James

AAAAA - American Association Against Acronym Abuse.

All time favorites (in no particular order):
B|
Tool
Queen
Pink Floyd
Genesis

Supported heavily by:

Soundgarden
Alice in Chains
Rush
Semisonic
Dishwalla
The Gufs
Yes
Perfect Circle
Queensryche
Alien Ant Farm
B|
Some newer/fusion Jazz
Mozart
Beethoven
B|
...a few movie soundtracks too...like "Go" "Stange Days"...

So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

the my favoutite music is the nature sound (wind blow between trees, waves ... ), instrumental music and clasical music

Ennio Moricone, Chris, Keny G, Ocarina, Enya, Pan Pipers, Mac Dowell&Krell, Vangelis ...
Beethoven, Vivaldi, Tchaikowsky

Do you can suggest me another music like this??;)

If you like those classical artists, look into Percy Grainger and Bernstein. Bernstein is most famous for West Side Story, but his other works are great, Overture to Candide, Make My Garden Grow among others. Grainger's stuff is amazing, too.

Ok, I have to admit, Kenny G annoys the ever living hell out of me, maybe its because I'm a jazz musician and he sucks at jazz (although he claims to be one of the best living sax players).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

the Dandy Warhols

*SINGS - I'd never thought you'd be a junkie, because heroin is so passe*

That used to be my favourite song, for months. But this was going back to when I was still in school.

My favourite bands would have to be....

The Tea Party - favourite all time band!
Counting Crows
Tool
A Perfect Circle
NIN
Soundgarden
Green Day
Pink
Bjork
Hole
Korn
Manson
Alex Llyod
The Whitlams
Veruca Salt
Bexta
SuperJesus
SuperGrass
Grinspoon

I am going to stop now.

Don't bother me, I'm living happily ever after

Ok, I have to admit, Kenny G annoys the ever living hell out of me, maybe its because I'm a jazz musician and he sucks at jazz (although he claims to be one of the best living sax players).

if only coltrane could raise his track-ridden body from the grave and straight up kick kenny g's curly ass, just for good measure...

steve

I like the new (fairly new) KoRn song Thoughtless.

And from above Green Day is good too!!

Green Day rules! They are my favorite, next to No Doubt. I like any kind of punk and ska. It makes me smile :)
Kim
When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward; for there you have been and there you will long to return.-Leonardo DiVinci

I think the best remake I've ever heard was NOFX's version of Take On Me by Ah Ha, back in the 80's!

There use to be a band called Cap 'N Jazz that also did an awesome rendition of this song. The lead singer of Cap N' Jazz went on to lead sing for Joan Of Arc. If you're able to find a Cap 'N Jazz disk give it a listen. Joan Of Arc is good too but kinda weird.

Chris

--"Someday you will die and somehow somethings going to steal your carbon" -MM

the Vandall's cover of summer lovin
or
penny wise Stand by me

great covers, but if you want a tight modern rock with a heavy jazz feel check out Soul coughing

bad ass band

<<<>>>
A good friend will bail you outta jail... A true friend will be sitting next to you saying "That was fucking awesome!!!'

I've got to say that the Dandy Warhols are just about my absolute current favorites. I know not too many people have a clue who they are, but dammit, they are awesome.

I have "Thirteen Tales from Urban Bohemia." I listen to it all the time! :)

-Miranda
you shall above all things be glad and young / For if you're young,whatever life you wear
it will become you;and if you are glad / whatever's living will yourself become.