bobsled92

KATANA anyone?

yep..but, I was hoping to find out what it is that they made different:)
With all the Pre-Hype, I'm sure it flies it's own NEW way.

I've heard of a lot of differences, but I'm going to let PD do the talking. One thing I will say that it is definately an awesome step up from the Stiletto!! It's nothing like the old Stiletto except for the fact that it's 9-cell eliptical. It's most likely going to be my next canopy.:S

Oh, it is a step down from crossbraced, so it's not for those people arleady jumping crossbraced canopies (if you couldn't figure that out on your own):S

Okay ... nevermind, here's what I know about it since it's out now anyways ...

Dives a little more than a Stiletto and swoops farther. Reason for a better swoop is the fact that this canopy has an awesome bottom end as well (which the Stiletto lacks). Still really responsive to harness inputs and is quite snappy. Oh, and it carves real well too (just not AS good as the Stiletto carving machine). I think (this part I'm not 100% on), it has a pretty fast and short recovery arc as well. It will recover on it's own, but you're better using at least a slight input to pull it out of the dive.

I probably forgot some things, but that's what I know, enjoy!B|

Trailer 11/12 was the best. Thanks for the memories ... you guys rocked!

I'm sure it flies it's own NEW way.

You flare it with your feet...strange but true.

OK, you got me..:D

Okay, like I said, I wasn't 100% on that one ... maybe I heard it recovers a little faster than the Stiletto, I don't know. That was the one fact I was vague about because I can't remember exactly what was said that time!:S

Someone at Rantoul was jumping it and they were in they Heads down photo attached (up above post).
I'm hunting a canopy in "that" range but, I think I'm sticking with Comp Cobalt for now.
-I get talked into exciting things but, AFTER someone else successfully does "it" before I do.
Thus, the story of my life(continues;))
-Grant

Okay, like I said, I wasn't 100% on that one ... maybe I heard it recovers a little faster than the Stiletto, I don't know. That was the one fact I was vague about because I can't remember exactly what was said that time!:S

OK, now that it is out, I'll tell you what PD told me at Rantoul....(nice pics, they said you would be able to pick the canopy out once it was in the air - "there will be no way to miss this one")

It isn't quite done, yet. Well, they have sizes up to the 120 finished, tweaking the 135 still and once the 150 is completed they will start taking orders. 150 is going to be the largest sized - they don't see the need to make a canopy of this perfomance any bigger.

It is a 9 cell, full eliptical, deeper flare than the stiletto, but more bottom end. Openings are better than the Sabre 2, and some of their test pilots think it may be better than the Spectre. It turns "really fast" is what I was told, some of the lightest front riser pressure ever but the trade off is more pressure on the rear risers (however, the rear risers turns are "aggressive"). It dives - ALOT and may even require some toggle input for a shorter recovery arc.

It is officially a step up from the Stiletto as far as performance and experience required to fly it, and roughly a step below the cross-braced crowd.

If I recall correctly, the glide path is somewhere between the Stiletto and the Vengeance, but was told that a long spot will not be an issue.

I was told that at my wingloading (1.65) I would pretty much be near a sweet spot on it - but you could easily go higher.

The only people that will be jumping it at Rantoul will be the PD team.

I think that is all I was told....other than, if I was looking at the Samurai or Crossfire2, I may want to wait just a little bit longer. Just be patient, is what was suggested to me.

Dives a little more than a Stiletto and swoops farther. Reason for a better swoop is the fact that this canopy has an awesome bottom end as well (which the Stiletto lacks).

How some one that have barely any jumps on a canopy or the canopy flying skills, have the courage to be telling people what a canopy is capable to do, please don't be teling people about what you don't know...
42 and don't forget your towell

Alright ... I'll crosspost here too since you had the same comment on the other post:

This is NOT from my experience ... I have no clue from PERSONAL experience, I'm telling you what a few of the TEST JUMPERS told me about it. All I did was copy and paste what they said to here. The exact words were, "this canopy has more bottom end than a stiletto, etc etc ..." I haven't jumped the Katana, so how the hell would I even be able to compare it? And no, that 107 wasn't the first time I jumped a Stiletto, I did a bunch of jumps on a 120 I borrowed from Aubrey from PD.
So straight from the horses mouth ... Katana has more bottom end than a Stiletto, period.

I spent quite a bit of time with Chris (test pilot from PD) picking his brain on this new canopy.
As I fly both Stilleto and Sabre2, truth is I more than picked it.
I could tell you alot about this canpopy in theory, but until I actually jump it I doubt that it would be helpful.
I will say that this canopy is intended to be a nice transition for begining swoopers. More than a Stiletto, less than a Vengence.
I am wondering if I can accidently jump one of the Airspeed canopies;)
Ohhhhh I just can't wait!
BB

So straight from the horses mouth ... Katana has more bottom end than a Stiletto, period.

Again, that is some one else opinion, that doesn't mean is like that, maybe somebody else think different or have a different opinion, so you shouldn't be talking facts just because some one told you so, you should find out for your self, that what I think any how.
42 and don't forget your towell