airann

YOUR keyboard? ~~Whats up??~~

I reorganized my house over the last two days. The bedrooms were taken apart and re-thought.

I moved my computer armoire, which is heavy, very heavy. (by myself)

Today, I am further cleaning and realize my keyboard is all worn out, sort of.

1. The E, R, T, I, S, and the C, N, M keys are lozing their original brilliance

2. the insert/home/page up/delete/enc/page down keys are covered with some kind of adhesive dust.

3. I think I see a small amount of ketchup on the up arrow key.

4. There is much adhesive dirt where my wrists go. Good Lord.

Now, ordinarily I am cleaning and then I slack then I clean again.

A logiteck and I love it. However, I had to take 2 back before I got the proper working one. This one has been 100% since I got it.

Maybe, I come in from weeding in the yard so much and sit down an take a post break with dirty hands. I am not sure. Actually I really think someone breaks in my house and messes it up at night....

How is your Keyboard????
Just wondering if yours is like mine and what would be the cleaning procedure. ???

~AirAnn~

i have a Microsoft split ergo thingy that i got when i bought my first computer back in High School.It needs to be cleaned but the lettering is still there on all my keys and none of them stick or jam.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

My keyboard is the black Dell. I'm sure the dark color is hiding whatever might be lurking. I've been eyeballing the wireless keyboard/mouse combo. That would allow an even more comfortable level of internet surfing! I'd like to find a keyboard with no letter markings on it at all, to keep the riff-raff off!

I have an IBM keyboard that I've kept through a couple of computers. I took all the key covers off a few months ago and washed them in shampoo and water, then dried them really well. I took the case off and washed it too, really really well. There are a whole lot of screws, including a couple of hard-to-find ones.

But it feels great again, like a whole new keyboard. And I still love the way it types.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I went through half a dozen keyboards early on till I found this cheap 20$ basic memorex keyboard. Its bulletproof. withstands massive amounts of cigarette ash, spilled coffee, periodic ballistic cat attacks, dripping solder on it, falling heavy objects, still works like new, looks like shit.
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

The One True Keyboard is all I've ever needed. Nothing comes close in feel, efficiency, or combat readyness. You can take the keycaps off and wash them in the dishwasher if they get dirty. You can pour a 32-ounce soda on it and it just runs out the bottom - it doesn't even effect the way it works or make the keys get sticky.

I've got three of them, two of which are more than 12 years old and absolutely zero problems.

If you don't have one of these beauties (and since you can get them for < $10 on ebay, why not?), to get the gunk off your lesser keyboard, use clorox wipes. The really stuck on stuff you can scrub off with a pencil eraser.
7CP#1 | BTR#2 | Payaso en fuego Rodriguez
"I want hot chicks in my boobies!"- McBeth

:o...amazing the wear and tear keyboards hold up to...
I tip mine over and give it a bang, vacuum it often- but I think because the keyboard tray slides under my desktop it protects it when not in use from dust, cat hair,.....
The keys need cleaning bad now I take a look at them!!

SMiles;)