rhopstr

How snug should a helmet (BH Revolve) fit?

Hi there,

I've just received my Bonehead Revolve; very excited to have finally received it. Have been wanting that helmet since the day it became available. Great finish and quality feel overall. Some minor scratches on the inside of the visor though but nothing that a few weeks of use couldn't have generated as well; not enough to complain about.

The only thing is; I'm unsure if the fit is correct. I supplied my head measurements with the order and received an L sized shell. I usually rent M sized helmets.

I added the extra liner that was provided, that helped, but I can still put it on and off without flipping the visor up. I can also nudge it about 30 degrees in all directions, not enough to completely blind me if it were to do that in freefall but it would take away a lot of my field of vision.

It is very comfy as the fit is anything but tight and all that extra liner is used but I am wondering how the fit / feel should be.

Any input how a revolve should fit would be greatly appreciated. I really don't want to bother Bonehead with this only to find out later that the fit was better with the L sized shell that I have now than with a smaller sized shell. Maybe the fit is perfect and its just me that doesn't know how it should fit.. All the more so because shipping takes weeks either way (customs alone took 2 weeks) and as a result I could be without a jumpable helmet for months.

Hope to receive some good input; this doubt really is a bummer right now..

p.s. If I knew anybody on my local DZ with a Revolve in a smaller size I would have tried that on for comparison: unfortunately no such luck.

Just tried it on again; with a little tugging I can take it off with the chinstrap secured. The chinstrap is as tight as the strap allows.

Also the 30 degrees that I can manoeuvre it is definitely correct.

Will it get more 'spacious' when you wear it just like on conventional (motorcycle) helmet?

Contact Bonehead and explain your issue as the helmet is defiantly too big for your head. BH has excellent customer service and will help you get this sorted out quickly I am sure.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING