leapdog

Looking for material

Does anyone have a source for foam laminate? Or what ever it is called- the stuff that lines the inside of main containers that has a cushion type quality? Or perhaps the stuff that feels like parapack for backpads?

Maybe the proper name for it so I can better search my self?

Gunnery Sergeant of Marines
"I would like it if I were challenged mentally at my job and not feel like I'm mentally challenged." - Co-worker

Para-Gear sells (200 - 400 denier) para-pack - or oxford cloth - with foam bonded to the back side.
That is what most manufacturers use to pad the insides of their containers.
The padding makes little difference in durability, but it does cover a less-than-perfect pack job.

Thanks but I looked there and did not see it listed. I saw the parapack stuff but it is not described as backed with any foam padding.

Edited to say that I called paragear and they no longer sell para-pack backed with foam and to call a container manufacturer. Don't think the manufacturers will be willing to give that info up.

Anyone else have a source?

Gunnery Sergeant of Marines
"I would like it if I were challenged mentally at my job and not feel like I'm mentally challenged." - Co-worker

Foam backed pp isn't available from paragear anymore, or any other reseller.

besides which - the old style with yellow foam (that goes powdery) has been superseded with more modern material.

Realistically, you have a couple of choices:

1. The cheap way, using packing foam or lino underlay.
2. Buy parapak bonded foam from a container manufacturer.

I have used both methods - one is waaaaaay faster than the other, but you can get a good finished product with either method.

Getting small runs of bonded pp from a mill / fabric manufacture works out really expensive (if even possible).

There are some *really* helpful small container manufacturers in the US that will probably help you out. Give a couple a call.