PhillyKev

Home theater setup help needed.

Ok, I have an ATI Radeon 9600 PRO vid card in a pc, and a Sony KE50XBR900 wide screen plasma tv connected through DVI.

I get, constant horizontal scrolling, kind of like old tvs when the horizontal hold goes bad. If I use S Video, it doesn't do that, but the picture quality from a pc is crap with S Video.

Anyone have any suggestions? ATI was no help.

back of a truck.

Or wat it the bed of a tuck?;)

Serisouly, does your TV or DVD player have Progressive scan and the other doesnt?

Any chace whatseover you have a PAL NTSC issue (I doubt it, but you never know)? (I'd bet some of these plasma screens have a multi region setting)

Did you try the patttended Dell Tech Support program?
Remster

Can you change the refresh rate some how?

You should be able to on the ATI....

Yeah, you would think so, but you can't. At least not with the tv as the secondary display, regular monitor as primary. You can only adjust settings for the primary display. I'm going to try to switch it later and lower the refresh, resolution, and #colors to the lowest settings and if works, increase them a bit at a time.

Serisouly, does your TV or DVD player have Progressive scan and the other doesnt?

Any chace whatseover you have a PAL NTSC issue (I doubt it, but you never know)? (I'd bet some of these plasma screens have a multi region setting)

It works fine watching DVD's, cable, etc. The problem is using it as a computer monitor.

It works fine watching DVD's, cable, etc. The problem is using it as a computer monitor.

Most large screen TVs that have the "monitor" ability can normaly only run a resolution of 800x600. If you go any higher you get the hz skip you described. From a distance it looks like lines are running down your screen. Try lowering your resolution and see how that works. Just my 2cents. I looked into buying a bigger higher priced TV set when I was replacing my old one. I thought it would be cool to also use it as a computer monitor.. Then I read the specs and found it's limitations. Their just not made for the resolutions a nice graphics card (GPU) can produce these days.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Most large screen TVs that have the "monitor" ability can normaly only run a resolution of 800x600. If you go any higher you get the hz skip you described. From a distance it looks like lines are running down your screen. Try lowering your resolution and see how that works. Just my 2cents. I looked into buying a bigger higher priced TV set when I was replacing my old one. I thought it would be cool to also use it as a computer monitor.. Then I read the specs and found it's limitations. Their just not made for the resolutions a nice graphics card (GPU) can produce these days.

Yeah, what he said. Or you can try using a different power source. I had that problem with my projector system. We use Svideo, but I had to have a special power source put in to solve some interference issues I was having.

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

hey kevin,

we've got a lot in common...
- live in phila.
- my dz is cross keys - made my 2nd tandem jump on tues
- ati video card - all in wonder 9700 pro my 2nd one, the fan on the 1st stopped working @ 2 months old - replaced by ati
- sony 32" plasma

i'll run your problem by my computer guy to see if he has any ideas. he went crazy getting the ati card working in my dell 8200.

rebel