GARYC24

Ca. 805 area code

The concept of dividing up via area codes has always seemed funny to me, but then again, I grew up in Texas, my "home" area code (903) covers all of North/central and North East Texas, so even someone in the same area code is long distance and is a 4 hour drive away.

My roommate, who grew up in California and went to school at UCSB explained it to me, but I still thought it was funny. *shrug*
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

The concept of dividing up via area codes has always seemed funny to me, but then again, I grew up in Texas, my "home" area code (903) covers all of North/central and North East Texas, so even someone in the same area code is long distance and is a 4 hour drive away.

My roommate, who grew up in California and went to school at UCSB explained it to me, but I still thought it was funny. *shrug*

Yes, 903's and 972's can be long distance from each other, whether they are 50 miles apart or 10. BUT 972, 214, and 469 can all be local to each other. Doesn't make a bit of sense.
Sorry, I'm off topic. I'm not even in CA!!!:P

Blondes do have more fun!

Unlike Texas, who has adopted "overlap" for area code expansion, California still has distinct geographical borders with area codes. As the splits continue, the geographic areas that the incumbent codes cover shrinks. The 805 area code covers north of LA.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!