GARYC24

Ca. Governor voting for

Have ya read all the statements in the pamphlet for all the candidates running? Wow!
Some of them are pretty fun and bad! I've been reading them a little for past two nights before I go to sleep! One guy is gonna legalize prostitution!
I don't know who I'm gonna vote for.
But I will vote for the recall.
Gots more pro-con reading to do!

Have ya read all the statements in the pamphlet for all the candidates running? Wow!
Some of them are pretty fun and bad! I've been reading them a little for past two nights before I go to sleep! One guy is gonna legalize prostitution!
I don't know who I'm gonna vote for.
But I will vote for the recall.
Gots more pro-con reading to do!

They have a recall in Cali, and here in Texas the state senate is playing hide and seek.
What is this comming to?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

They have a recall in Cali, and here in Texas the state senate is playing hide and seek.
What is this comming to?

Well, there's a common theme. Republicans trying to seize power before they would under normal circumstances. Not that they're necessarily doing anything wrong, it's not illegal what they're doing. But I hope people start thinking about election reform, it's starting to feel like a banana republic the way it's been going the past couple years.

What is this comming to?

Well, there's a common theme. Republicans trying to seize power before they would under normal circumstances. Not that they're necessarily doing anything wrong, it's not illegal what they're doing. But I hope people start thinking about election reform, it's starting to feel like a banana republic the way it's been going the past couple years.

Actually it is illegal. The reason they went out of state was to avoid arrest. At least one came to his senses and came back.

Their self-imposed exile put them 32 miles outside the jurisdiction of Texas law enforcement officials who had civil warrants to bring them back to the Capitol.

Clicky
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Actually, I was referring to the republican efforts to try and redraw the districts ahead of schedule so they are more in favor of republicans before the next election.

But yeah, running out of the state was pretty slimy on the part of the democrats, too.

To try and demonstrate that I'm not just a liberal puppet, I will most likely be voting Republican for mayor of Philadelphia.

I didn't neccessarily agree with what they were doing. Sometimes i wonder if they take it seriously, or if it's just a big game.

Sent back to work[:/]

Just grow up a little bit huh?

Actually, I would say that this thing IS reform. This law was passed in 1911 due to the support of then governor Hiram Johnson. He was progressive, and his election was kinda like Prop 13 or this recall. The citizens were fed up with what the politicians were doing.

In the November election, it is fairl simple that Gray Davis lied about the deficit. He actually told Bill Simon, who pointed out what the deficit would REALLY be, "You are just playing politics now." He dismissed it.

We have a history of kicking people out whom we don't like. This is just the first time a governor has faced our wrath. Examples?

1. Kicking Rose Bird off of the State Supreme Court

2. How about Doris Allen? She was my Assemblyperson in 1995. After she became the Assembly Leader, we Cypress residents booted her. Why? Because she sold us out. She decided that she would rather increase her own power by sitting on Willi Brown's lap. Yeah, lots of Democrats were saying, "You're just upset that she didn't do what you wanted her to." No, we were pissed off that her campaign was a fraud.

Now we have the political machine challenging this election in court, saying that the election is disenfranchising, and that the election cannot be fair if the current votes are used.

I wonder if they are going to argue that the election that got Gray Davis elected was therefore fundamentally unfair, and should be rescinded.

I doubt they'll make the argument that viters were disenfranchised on that one...

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I wonder if they are going to argue that the election that got Gray Davis elected was therefore fundamentally unfair, and should be rescinded.

Or, if they haven't changed it by then, the next general election. Which would mean no more elections. Which would mean, if there is no recall, Grey Davis until every polling place can get new electoral instrumentations...this could be a long time, the way he runs our state.

yeah, the recall is legal. Rare, but legal...and very necessary....

It's just startling to people because we are putting our money where our mouths are, inasmuch as we aren't sitting around bitching and moaning, but doing something to correct the problem...

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Actually, I would say that this thing IS reform.

I would agree it's the start of reform, but man, I hope it's not the end of it. Can you imagine endless recalls and re-elections just because one political party or the other has the ability to get, what was it, 100.000 signatures?

I think we definitely need election reform, starting with campaign finance reform. I just hope passing recall bills like they're now trying to do in PA isn't the extent of the effort.

I would agree it's the start of reform, but man, I hope it's not the end of it. Can you imagine endless recalls and re-elections just because one political party or the other has the ability to get, what was it, 100.000 signatures?

In California, the requirement was approximately 900,000 signatures. 1.6M were signed, 1.3M were certified.

For the 13527502874th time, there won't be endless recalls and elections. There had been at least 4 previous attempts to recall Davis. There have been numerous attempts to recall several other state officials over the past decades. There were two attempts to recall Ronald Reagan when he was governor.

All these previous attempts never made it to ballot. The petitions were never certified. If I recall correctly, there are about 30 other states that have recall laws on the books.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!