freeflir29

The new Dell is pretty nice!

So.....I got a 4600C. Of course with the 17" flat panel monitor. Man is this a far cry from the old 16" with 15.7 viewable. Pammi's boobie icon is SO much better now! :D However....this computer isn't impressing me with how fast it installs software. I can almost swear my old 400Mhz pentium was faster at that. Maybe it's just the XP??? Anyway.....I just got it turned on about 30 minutes ago. So...where do I go to test drive it's internet skills? Here of course! B|

Well...DELLs have a HIDDEN partition with shitloads of software (in case your system crashes it will WIPE everything off and install everything from scratch) and I'm guessing is XP Home edition?.

I'm guessing is XP Home edition?.

Yep.....

Well...DELLs have a HIDDEN partition with shitloads of software (in case your system crashes it will WIPE everything off and install everything from scratch)

Wow...they have gone out of their way to make these things IDIOT proof. :D

Not really, you can always use a big ass magnet and scratch all the surfaces of your pc, inside out.:P

Wow...they have gone out of their way to make these things IDIOT proof. :D

"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

I'll just pull them off the old box. I have a BUNCH of files that I have to transfer over. :S

One little piece of advise, of course, if you have some extra cash, get a second hard drive and copy all your stuff there, so, if in the future you get a new computer, you just install the second HD and you're done.

I bought the same computer about a month ago. I'm enjoying it. The only thing that annoys me is that I have too many external drives hooked up to it. Had to dig up an external cd drive so I could burn copies of cd's.
Other than that.. nothing stupid has happened with it so far.

One other thing. Being the incredibly smart person I am, I figured that this version of XP was probably a standard factory version. IE....has NONE of the updates. So...I went to the MS site and checked. Yep....36.6 MB worth to be exact. Most of them security patches for XP and IE6. If you haven't done so I would HIGHLY recomend doing this. Beware....it only took me about 2 minutes to download all the patches. It took 20 to install them all. [:/]

in the third one it looks like clay is hitting himself in the head

I was just motioning to Deuce how cool his digital still camera is. B|

also know as "The Flail(tm)"

:P
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Congrats on the new DELL. I bought one last christmas. Dimension 4550 with all the bells and whistles, minus a DVD burner. I absolutely love mine. I ordered a 17 inch flat screen monitor, but when i got it they sent me a 19 inch, i called them and they told me that when it was shipped they were out of 17's so they sent me a 19. Pretty cool of them i thought.

There's no truer sense of flying than sky diving," Scott Cowan