gemini

WTF is wrong with us?

What do you think of Bush and his administration now that they went back to the UN practically begging for help?

Begging, I didn't hear any begging. He asked if they would help. He is giving hem a chance to do what we give them millions for, as I said in the past if they don;t want to play ball give them 5 days notice that we are pulling out of the un. Use the money saved to rebuild Iraq.

Your side aka clinton tried to pay off n korea to stop it's nuke program. Guess what? It didn't work.

It worked until Bush decided to label them as part of the Axis of Evil and scare them enough to decide they needed to take steps.

But the other nations have a chance to embrace a style of gov't that really works. Like Iraq will if we keep the UN from messing it all up.

And if they don't embrace what we tell them to, we'll just bomb them.

Still ignoring my previous question?

Conveniently ignoring my question of where you came up with us being able to stop importing and begin exporting oil? Please, I'm waiting for your explanation.

no I can only talk to one lefty at a time :P

I will post you some information shortly. I'm snook fishing tonight, and I got to get the boat readyB|

He is giving hem a chance to do what we give them millions for, as I said in the past if they don;t want to play ball give them 5 days notice that we are pulling out of the un. Use the money saved to rebuild Iraq.

First of all, the amount we pay the UN is proportionally the same as every other country in it. They come up with a budget, and then each country is assessed a bill for their percentage based on the percentage of the GNP of all member nations.

Not to mention that we are about $860million in arrears. Since we're not paying our dues anyway, what else could it be called except begging?

But the other nations have a chance to embrace a style of gov't that really works. Like Iraq will if we keep the UN from messing it all up.***

Um. Um. Oh my. You honestly believe the people of Iraq want our help running their country? They want a system setup by someone that ignores their religion, tells the world that we are only doing this about WMD, then turns around and says he wasn't focused on finding WMD? He can't run the American gov't or do anything to bolster our economy - what makes you think they want us running theirs? I'm guessing them killing American troops is their way of supporting the new gov't. Wake up, they don't want us there. They did want us to remove Saddam, but they didn't want us staying. And in 20 years or so, some kid that watched his family die by bombs from USA is going to be running that country and doing his best to mess with us. Bush may have screwed us in the long run as well.

If you think Irans Gov't have the support of the masses think again. I talk weekly with Iranian friends, they someday hope to return to a free Iran. But you have not heard about that on CNN have you? The Shaw was a friend of the USA and we did the right thing granting him asylum.

You need to watch CNN more. They are the ones reporting that 63% of Iran want a free democratic state and that it's the religious right causing the problems. It was CNN that reported the deaths and imprisonment of the leaders of that leftist movement...since it is a leftist movement in Iran that doesn't mesh with the scary image GWB wants us to have of Iran, you won't find those facts on FoxNews. You also can find a couple of documentaries out there about the Shaw, and the conclusion that Iran would be an ally if we told him to look elsewhere or allowed him to face the music back home. Plus Americans wouldn't have been hostages. We need to stay out of Iran and let the people there take care of their country.

yea you'd rather trust a man who dosen't know what is is?

Please get it out of your mind that everyone follows the party line. I support issues on both the left and right side, democratic and republican. I supported Clinton on some issues, and felt he should have stepped down from office because of other issues. He is not "mine" as you so blindly claim. My voter registration card says "independant" and it will take a lot for any one party to get me to call their party line "mine." I grew up and realized that the two party system is slow malfunction that should have been chopped a long time ago.

What do you think of Bush and his administration now that they went back to the UN practically begging for help?

Begging, I didn't hear any begging. He asked if they would help. He is giving hem a chance to do what we give them millions for, as I said in the past if they don;t want to play ball give them 5 days notice that we are pulling out of the un. Use the money saved to rebuild Iraq.

I believe it was a newspaper here in Chicago owned by Rupert that coined it as "crawling back" to the UN. Has to be right since it came from a Rupert owned rag, right?:ph34r: