saxboy

Pilotchute and bad openings??

Did you check on the construction of the "new" one? curious minds want to know..
post pics if you need to, show close up where the load tapes are on the mesh, how they join with the zp material. center line type and length. How does the kill line sit when cocked and the main is packed? does it partially collapse the pc? I wish i could have it in my hands to look at, I could say more.

Funny thing.
I just changed from my student canopy to my own PD Sabre2.

The openings at the student canopy (a Paratec Balance) were always really hard. You throw your pilotchute and find yourself under an open canopy.

At my Sabre2 the openings are much softer, but there's something interesting about it: I throw my pilotchute and the snatch force seems quite hard, but when I look up, I see a snivelling canopy that opens really soft after some time.

So: Is the hard first shock (the snatch force) just because I can feel it now (instead of having an instantly open canopy) or can it really be hard? And is there a way to change that?

Did you check on the construction of the "new" one? curious minds want to know..
post pics if you need to, show close up where the load tapes are on the mesh, how they join with the zp material. center line type and length. How does the kill line sit when cocked and the main is packed? does it partially collapse the pc? I wish i could have it in my hands to look at, I could say more.

No I don't.
I just ordered it from a rigger in england..
He never asked me what type-size canopy will I use with it.
He just made it and send it.
I only told him that I want a 100" bridal,28" pilot chute and tube handle.
He made it with 1" bridal for smaller packing and the line is vectran? I don't remember for sure.What type of line has less stretch?This type he used.
I can post photos if you want...
Are you referring to my new pilot chute right??,with the hard openings?