angrypants114

Vector 3 V348 DOM 1997

I am relatively new to the sport, and I'm looking into purchasing a used rig. I have two questions; Overall how is the vector 3 V348(DOM 1997), or older vector containers? And is there any DZ's that restrict rigs that are 14 years old, and if not what is the age restriction on rigs?

To the best of my knowledge I am unaware of any U.S DZ's that restrict certain rigs base on age. In the U.S I believe its more to do with airworthness and what sort of flying you intend on doing with the rig.

About your first question regarding an opinion about the older V3's in 97 sorry but I'm clueless since I'm a gear whore and only research the newest toys lol
For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp

I've never heard of any FAA or manufactures limiting the age at which gear becomes unserviceable. Most of the guys I jump with have older javelins/talons (1990-2000) because they were cheap. I had a 1995 javelin for my first rig 3 years ago and it was barley used, I had the bridel protection added and it was a great container, ended up selling it for the same price I bought it for once I downsized. It all depends on the condition of the gear to, a 1997 container with 1500 jumps is way different than a container with 150 jumps. If your rigger says it is good to go, then jump it up. I don't know if the older vectors had tuck tab riser covers or not, but stay away from the velcro riser covers they will eventually tear up your risers and are not free fly friendly (you want all the flaps to have the tuck tabs and have bridel protection). Hope that helps! Blues!