alanab

pc help

ok my cat just ran accross my keyboard and now my IE view is all messed up. first, the browser bar where you type in the web address is gone and so is the titel bar at the top. also the bar accross the bottom of the screen with start and all that is gone unless i move my mouse down there. how do i go back to normal mode?

Easy fix: KILL YOUR CAT!!!

Seriously, the 'bar at the bottom" is called the TASK BAR, in order to restore the original view, when it comes up RIGHT CLICK on it and when the menu pops up, click on properties, then uncheck the box that reads AUTO HIDE.

To fix IE, open it and right click on the MENU BAR and click on ADDRESS BAR and STANDARD BUTTONS, that should do it.

ivan, the task bar auto hide wasnt checked
and the menubar is restored but all on the same line
and the web page titel bae is still mia

If the AUTO HIDE is unchecked then when you see the bar again, go to the very end and make it a little bigger (you'll see an arrow with to points in the opposite direction) then drag it

The title bar missing means you have it setup up as FULL SCREEN (press F11) or under VIEW change it to normal