CanuckInUSA

California isn't the only place on fire

A pretty huge wild fire is developing as we speak (actually it's been on fire since morning) just outside of Jamestown Colorado (northwest of Boulder and Denver). Pictures to come soon from my office here in Superior CO.

http://www.insidedenver.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_2385586,00.html

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I have been watching the fire all day while I was in class today in Broomfield. This morning the fire wasnt very bad, cool air, fairly calm winds, but around noon the winds picked up to around 30mph with gusts recorded at the Jeffco Airport around 50mph. So needless to say I do believe this one is gonna take some time to put out. The good news is they are predicting rain and snow this weekend so that should give the good guys the upper hand. Good luck to the firefighters up in the hills and thank you for your hard work. God knows I would never want that job.!!
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Here's those promised pics ... the pics were taken a good 60 minutes ago and the smoke cloud is even bigger now than what it was. I'm sure this is small peanuts compared to the CA fires. But it is a big fire nevertheless and one of my co-workers (who ironically is on vacation) lives in the area of the fire. :S

That looks like the smoke coming from a safety meeting or two from my past:P

It's good to know that you're often safe. Of course here in Boulder, people are safe almost by default. But I guess some guys didn't feel that way this morning. ;)

I'm farther north of the fires, but can still see the smoke very easy from my house. While out walking the dogs, I could also smell it.
Wow, what is going on with the fires in Calif. and here in Colorado. Like Steve said, good thing we are getting snow and or rain by Friday night. That should help.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

True, and the fires in Mexico have already claimed two lives. Amazing picture.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

wow I used to live in Jamestown with a variety of CU student friends and the usual at the time boulder front range hippies...
Hoping for the best...the structures may go but the forest will be back....my friends at Mesa Verde colorado say that huge area is getting greener fast after last years fires...

marc

http://www.insidedenver.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_2386429,00.html

Hey neighbor!
I'm the newbie going through the AFF at MileHI..
Unfortunately, I just came in from the *&^%# in San Diego and only came home to *&%$# in my own neighborhood! Went to Perris on Monday and they were preparing for the Halloween Festival with the Big Screens, etc..only doing hop and pops at 5K. My neighbors have been evac'd, but not us yet..should've stayed in San Diego, as the winds blew north this am and cleared out the city!