PhillyKev

Bush reluctantly agreed to go to Baghdad after it was suggeted by an aide

Sure. And I do admire that he went to an active combat area to visit the troops. Just got a little tired of the sheeple chanting about how great a man he is, and how unselfish he was for doing it. An aide came up with the idea for publicity, it's not like he sat and came up with it on his own because it would be good for moral.

That he agreed to do it, and trusted the planners to pull it off, says a lot about his character.

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

That he agreed to do it, and trusted the planners to pull it off, says a lot about his character.

mh

So does a DUI conviction and a year's AWOL.

Well, a DUI and a year's AWOL certainly say a lot about his character in the distant past. His recent trip to Iraq, I think, says a lot about his character now. Do you agree?

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

mh

So does a DUI conviction and a year's AWOL.

Don't forget needlessly putting the lives of our troops further into peril just for positive press and political maneuvering. Even GWB said in his speech that he knew he was putting everyone around him into great danger.

Nah, I'm sure it was all for the troops.

Of course it's a publicity thing; I don't think anyone would take a bet on whether or not the footage shows up in a reelection ad. I also think it's cool that our leaders are willing to visit our troops where they're deployed and thank them in person - and that's true whether that leader is the president or a senator from NY.

so quick to throw stones... I'd be curious as to what kinds of skeletons lie silently in your closet...?

Well, I did help the US Navy solve some warhead manufacturing problems once, and I have helped the USDOE with some analyses on nuclear weapons materials, and back in the '80s I helped the US Army analyze some ballistic properties of tank armour so I guess my pacifist credentials do have a few blemishes.

I also provided the secret service with information on armor plate for limos a few years back. They wouldn't say whose limo it was, though, I guess I'm not to be trusted with that kind of information.

But I digress. I have no DUI (or any other) convictions, and I do not refuse to answer questions about drug use in my past. I got into an ivy league college without parental clout (they had none) and my grandfather did NOT make millions dealing with the Nazis.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.