4. Baseball is Canadian

5. Lacrosse is Canadian

6. Hockey is Canadian

7. Basketball is Canadian

8. Apple pie is Canadian

9. Mr. Dress-up kicks Mr. Roger’s ass

10. Tim Horton’s kicks Dunkin' Donuts ass

11. In the war of 1812, started by America,
Canadians pushed the Americans back...past their 'White House'. Then we burned it...and most of Washington, under the command of William Lyon MaKenzie King who was insane and hammered all the time. We got bored because they ran away, so we came home and partied...Go figure.

12. Canada has the largest French population that never surrendered to Germany.

13. We have the largest English population that never ever surrendered or withdrew during any war to anyone. Anywhere. EVER.

14. Our civil war was fought in a bar and it lasted a little over an hour.

15. The only person who was arrested in our civil war was an American mercenary, who slept in and missed the whole thing... but showed up just in time to get caught.

16. We knew plaid was cool far before Seattle caught on.

17. The Hudsons Bay Company once owned over 10% of the earth's surface and is still around as the worlds oldest company.

18. The average dog sled team can kill and devour a full grown human in under 3 minutes.

19. We still know what to do with all the parts of a buffalo.

20. We don't marry our kin-folk.

21. We invented ski-doos, jet-skis, velcro, zippers, insulin, penicillin, zambonis, the telephone and short wave radios that save countless lives each year.

22. We ALL have frozen our tongues to something metal and lived to tell about it.

23. A Canadian invented Superman.

24. We have coloured money. Yes, that’s COLOURED not COLORED.

25. Our beer advertisements kick ass
BUT MOST IMPORTANT!

24. The handles on our beer cases are big enough to fit your hands with mitts on. OOOoohhhhh Canada!!

25. And we don't bomb our allies.

Oh yeah... and our elections only take one day.

;):PB|
Flying Hellfish #470

Not because they didn't think about it though. They just figured that there was REALLY no need.

And this is a good thing?

I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

1. Smarties

2. Crispy Crunch, Coffee Crisp

3. The size of our football fields and one less down

4. Baseball is Canadian

5. Lacrosse is Canadian

6. Hockey is Canadian

7. Basketball is Canadian

8. Apple pie is Canadian

9. Mr. Dress-up kicks Mr. Roger’s ass

10. Tim Horton’s kicks Dunkin' Donuts ass

11. In the war of 1812, started by America,
Canadians pushed the Americans back...past their 'White House'. Then we burned it...and most of Washington, under the command of William Lyon MaKenzie King who was insane and hammered all the time. We got bored because they ran away, so we came home and partied...Go figure.

13. We have the largest English population that never ever surrendered or withdrew during any war to anyone. Anywhere. EVER.

14. Our civil war was fought in a bar and it lasted a little over an hour.

15. The only person who was arrested in our civil war was an American mercenary, who slept in and missed the whole thing... but showed up just in time to get caught.

16. We knew plaid was cool far before Seattle caught on.

17. The Hudsons Bay Company once owned over 10% of the earth's surface and is still around as the worlds oldest company.

18. The average dog sled team can kill and devour a full grown human in under 3 minutes.

20. We don't marry our kin-folk.

21. We invented ski-doos, jet-skis, velcro, zippers, insulin, penicillin, zambonis, the telephone and short wave radios that save countless lives each year.

22. We ALL have frozen our tongues to something metal and lived to tell about it.

23. A Canadian invented Superman.

24. We have coloured money. Yes, that’s COLOURED not COLORED.

25. Our beer advertisements kick ass
BUT MOST IMPORTANT!

24. The handles on our beer cases are big enough to fit your hands with mitts on. OOOoohhhhh Canada!!

25. And we don't bomb our allies.

Oh yeah... and our elections only take one day.

Hmmm some of that should be credited to Great Britain I thought, something of which Canada is no longer a part.

Dixie
HISPA #56 Facil Rodriguez
"Scientific research has shown that 60% of the time, it works every time."

One more thing....

Canada can be voted 52nd state, right after mexico ;)

(sorry, couldn't resist)
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

Nah, we got enough snow in Alaska, but thanks.
We'll let California go, and pick up mexico, though, just to keep the numbers even.:P
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Baseball is Canadian

Is this in Bizzaro World? Baseball was invented in the US. See this http://www.hickoksports.com/history/baseba02.shtml

Basketball is Canadian

Actually, it was invented by a Canadian in the US, Springfield, Mass to be more exact.

We invented ski-doos, jet-skis, velcro, zippers, insulin, penicillin, zambonis, the telephone and short wave radios that save countless lives each year.

Velcro is a Swiss invention. http://www.engology.com/eng5mestral.htm

Penicillin was discovered by Sir Andrew Flemming from Scotland.

The phone was invented by Alexander Graham Bell who was born in Scotland, moved to Ontario, then to the US where he invented the telephone.

A Canadian discovered Insulin, he didn't invent it.

In the war of 1812, started by America

LOL, we'll ignore the impressment of US sailors onto British ships to fight in the war between Britain and France, the attack on the USS Chespeake in 1810 by the British which the US let slide, and the interference of trade between the US and France at the time.

Canadians have a lot of things to be proud of but their research skills isn't one of them.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do." Ben Franklin

Dude, I am an American and I love the US, but I have spent so much time north of the border, I could almost be a dual citizen. My great, great Grandfather bought a 10 acre island on Georgian Bay in 1898 for $250 US dollars, and my family has been spending our summer vacations there ever since. You missed a few things to be proud of:

Beer! - nuf said
Fishing - best ever
Loons - maybe the coolest birds ever
Canadian chicks - lucky for me, they love southern accents......

But before you get to feeling all superior about your anglo/french heritage and taste, check the pic to see who won the 1950 Miss Sans Souci beauty contest. Hint: it's one of my parents.

Baseball is Canadian

Is this in Bizzaro World? Baseball was invented in the US. See this http://www.hickoksports.com/history/baseba02.shtml

Baseball is mentioned in English literature well before the US existed. It just happens to be called "Rounders" in Britain, and is considered a game suitable for schoolchildren before they are mature enough for cricket.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Baseball is mentioned in English literature well before the US existed. It just happens to be called "Rounders" in Britain, and is considered a game suitable for schoolchildren before they are mature enough for cricket.

Rounders is close but not baseball. Baseball is an evolution of rounders. Bottom line is it wasn't invented in Canada or by a Canadian.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do." Ben Franklin

Ok all you guys, this was meant to be a joke, and I didn't write it either (just got it in my e-mail). Take it for what its worth.

But I still can't help myself here::D

Actually this game (in Beachville ONtario) pre dates the one you posted:http://www.ocl.net/projects/beachvillem/baseball.shtml

Actually, it was invented by a Canadian in the US, Springfield, Mass to be more exact.

Alright I knew that but being invented by a Canuk is good enough for me:)

Penicillin was discovered by Sir Andrew Flemming from Scotland.

You're right there but he did invent it in Canada:P.

Velcro is a Swiss invention.
The phone was invented by Alexander Graham Bell who was born in Scotland, moved to Ontario, then to the US where he invented the telephone.

Ya, those are both correct. Don't know why they were on the list:S.

A Canadian discovered Insulin, he didn't invent it.

techicallity. what are you....some kind of lawyer?;)

Ok ya happy;)?
Flying Hellfish #470

Rounders is close but not baseball. Baseball is an evolution of rounders. Bottom line is it wasn't invented in Canada or by a Canadian.

Rounders is closer to baseball than a Wright Flyer is to a 747, yet we still honor the Wright Brothers and not Boeing as the inventors of airplanes.:P

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.