jeremyneas

TAKE 3: For all you geeks, dweebs, speds, and freaks

OK, best game system pre 1985!!!
AND, best game played on said system.

Me, it's the Commodore 64 all the way. Oh yeah, i had a paperroute back then and I was way gucci, never had the tape player, strait 5 1/4 for me!!!

I liked the C64 because you could get your Compute! magazine in the mail and start programming games....ahhhh those were the days.

edit: i'm not sure about the Tandy 1000 being pre '85, maybe 87 or 88 but we'll include it

Didn't any of you people have an "Intellevision?"
B|
Pit Fall was the best on there.
Not to mention, Tank Wars, Bi-Planes, and Burgertime!! I think I also had Frogger for that too.

I even recall a component called "Intellevoice" It would put a voice on games, not just the random music and beeps.
The voice also sounded a lot like a speak and spell or the voice from "All our base are belong to us."

B|

I had a TI and the original NES.

Zelda had to be the best game, though. It really was the first game with a linear story and "puzzles" you had to solve...laid the groundwork for a lot of later great stuff.

Castlevania was good, too.

All I remember about the ColecoVision was a game called Zaxxon that I could never beat. It drove me insane!
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

I put commodore 64, because you didn't have a choice for Commodre 128...plus my $600, 25lb, 10MB hard drive!!!!

Best game....had to be Summer Games. Man, those Atari joysticks were the best for the commodore.

Anyone remembering the game cracker by the handle of Black Beard? He was a "friend" of mine.

im rebulding a commodre 64 here at the house
i also have an old pentium that im going to use as a server (i downloaded alot of games off the net and have the diagrams to hook the two up) a project in the works!!;)
if my calculations are correct SLINKY + ESCULATOR = EVERLASTING FUN
my site

The first computer I owned (well, that my parents bought for me) was the TI 99/4A. Loved it until I found out it was one of the later ones that wouldn't accept third party carts.

Then, it was the C64. Loved it. Especially, the awesome high res 40x25 chars (320x200) resolution and more flexible BASIC.

And to show my true nerd qualities, I still have a C64 setup and ready to use (although its been years). :o

Those were the good ol' days. :)
I think my favorite "game" was Sublogic's Flight Simulator II. :)
--Art
Sky-div'ing (ski'div'ing) n. A modern sport that involves parties, bragging, sexual excesses, the imbibing of large quantities of beer, and, on rare occasions, parachuting from aircraft.

I had the first "Pong" in the neiborhood.

It had 3, count em three settings. Man was that the bomb.

Practice
Singles
Doubles
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I had a TI and the original NES.

Zelda had to be the best game, though. It really was the first game with a linear story and "puzzles" you had to solve...laid the groundwork for a lot of later great stuff.

Agreed! I actually have an NES and Zelda. I had posted on another forum asking if anyone had one, and a guy was nice enough to send me the system and his games. I played it and beat again not too long ago. I love that game!

Angela.

Lets see...

Intellivision (and they have two Cd-Roms of their games on the market), Vectron, Odyssey,...I can't remember if there were any others. Would you count my TRS 80? I programmed video games for that. I know there was the old TI line of computers with the tape recorders that came out in the early 80s.

I vote for Intellivision. Bump N Jump ruled! Not to mention Burgertime!

Speaking of zelda, apparently now nintendo is offering a deal if you buy a gamecube you get a zelda classics disk with both NES zeldas and both n64 zeldas (i am guessing that the SNES one isnt in there because they are selling it for the gameboy). I think it's hilarious that for this powerful system, they are using games that are over 10 years old to promote it...

When did the "Amiga 500" get into the market? I had one in the 80's but can't remember if it entered the market pre-85. I am sure I had it in 1986.
This machine was a great step forward for gaming. Very good graphics for its time...
---------------------------------------------------------
When people look like ants - pull. When ants look like people - pray.