laughn_gas

Student freak'n out!

Man, that's awesome!! Best of luck with that. I guess you know who Gary is (AFF Instructor). You probably also know Jack (Jackhammer- long red ponytail). That's a good group of folks. I don't think I'll be out this weekend, but I hope all goes well. That's a great accomplishment and I wish you the best tomorrow. If you happen to think about it, please tell Jack and Gary that Mike Freeman (aka SLACKER) said hello.

Wait. You're scared of jumping out of the plane, but not the ride up? That's the scary part man. Once you're out of the plane you're home free. Well...you know.

Anyway...hook up with someone from the dropzone. Go with him. That way you won't be in your car thinking about shit and scared to shit. Just go and have a beer at the dropzone. That's right...booze up. You'll know you won't be able to jump. Then, next weekend, skip the beer. In time, justbgo to manifest.

Alright I'm drunk nevermind.

Slacker, I've been there done that, I had a reputation for riding the plane down, crying, freaking out, etc etc. Yet every weekend I'd end up at the dropzone hoping that I had gotten over the fear, since I knew that I loved it once I was in the air. It took....all summer. April to September for it to go away (minus a month away in China). haha

I spent A LOT of time just hanging out at the DZ and gaining confidence, I wish I had the magic answer for you, but one day it just vanished.

One thing to definitely check out is Brian Germain's transcending fear. The book helped me with a lot of life issues along with skydiving. The breathing helps, and I used to sing songs in my head up to altitude to keep my mind from thinking about the fear (I was always good until about 3k)

Thanks to the cold weather I didn't jump in Nov-Mid Jan, and then we headed to Eloy...I was so nervous about having the fear again, but it wasn't there!! So it does get easier...